VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok basicly Im here because my old Panasonic DVD-RV31 doesnt play most of my burned DVD's. Its really weird I'll play some but not others. Im not sure if It can be the programs I use to burn (Could be I mostly use DVDShrink,Nero and Alchohol 120%) But what are some DVD-Players that for sure Play any burned Disc (Mostly Burned DVDS though)? Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most players bought and made in the Last Year or so will Play DVD-R's and DVD+R's. I have used a few Toshiba's that all play both types of Media with no issues. I would recommend taking a burned DVD to the store and pop the DVD in a few players, any that give you a disc error, then Avoid. Just my 2 Cents. Toshiba 1200 and 3900 are the 2 I have now, plus a PS2.

You atleast placed the Post in the Correct Forum. Good Luck and Welcome to the Forums. Most people here will help out as long as you do some reading first.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did it ever play all your DVDs? If so, it sounds like your DVD recorder is starting to fritz out, Ive had the exact thing happen.

I am also running shrink to build an ISO and Nero to burn the ISO, 100% success rate thus far.

HTH,
    Andrew
    I have been into computers since 1980. Ive been tinkering with DV in one flavor or another since 1990.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have an older Panasonic and Sony that play every disc fine. My Pioneer 220 recorder plays them fine also.
    These cheap players less than $50 or so can for sure be problems.
    I would use a known excellent blank media like Taiyo Yuden and stick with it. If a player cant handel TY forget it.
    As far as + or - media, I only use -R but with new players I dont hear many complaints with either. Especially using Taiyo Yuden.
    Good luck,
    NL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it's getting some age on it, the drive motor could be slowing down, causing read errors. Look for Panasonic+H01+error on the internet. Many Panasonic DVD Players have this problem after the first year. Also, in the DVD Players forum, reading problems were mentioned for this player. I've owned 3 Panasonics, including an RV31 - only one survives (CV52), and it has occassional read problems (and eats discs - reason for retirement).

The (now old) Panasonic DMR-E20 dvd recorder that I have has only barfed on a few discs: Some el cheapo DVD-R media and Memorex DVD-RAM media (hated them); after three years, still chugging along.
    Quote Quote