VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. what up everybody?

i'm just getting into remixing music videos. a popular genre of music is called "Screw". the pitch & tempo of the track is slowed down & sometimes words &/or phrases are repeated. this is called "Screwed & Chopped".

basically, what i need is someone to point me into the right direction application-wise to achieve this effect w/ music videos.

i've included a Screwed & Chopped version of 50 Cent ft Olivia - Candy Shop[1], so anyone unfamiliar w/ what i am describing can hear a Screwed & Chopped track. this track is Screwed & Chopped by me & it is promo only.
    (I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting a promo only file)

thanks for any help in advance.

[1] http://videoreactor.net/videohelp/50_Cent_-_Candy_Shop_(Screwed_&_Chopped)_[Stunna].mp3
    http://videoreactor.net/videohelp/50_Cent_-_Candy_Shop_(Screwed_&_Chopped)_[Stunna]_(2).mp3 (chopped a little more)
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would use Sound Forge (Sony) to create samples at the pitch and/or tempo that you want (Sound Forge will allow you to adjust these independently), the use Acid Pro to rebuild the track using the new samples. If you want to then do similar to an accompanying video, I would look at Vegas, and specifically the velocity envelopes.

(Apologies to anyone who considers this grave robbing, but I was directed here by the OP following a recent post of theirs)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks.
    I'll let you know how it goes.
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for your reply gunsl1nger. I'll give Vegas a whirl since you are the 2nd person to recommend it.
    Also, here is an example file[1] of exactly what I am trying to achieve. It is a very popular Rap song from 2005.

I have the normal version also if you need to compare versions, but I think the differences are obvious.

Thanks for your time.

Direct Download:
    Note:
    via RapidShare.de

[1] ying_yang_twins_-_wait_{screwed_and_chopped}_(radio_edit)_[RamVideosTimka].mpg (55,08 MB)
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote