VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Not too sure if this topic has been discussed prior (I did do a brief search on it but there werent any satisfatory results). I was wondering if the drives on the PC or are there any programs that would actually be able to read those DTS audio disc that was produced a while ago. (An example would be Sting's Ten Summoner's Tales).

I am actually hoping to seperate the songs out into individual tracks.

Let me know if there are any ways to work around it

Stan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they are just DTS audio CDs (e.g. DTS inside a wav wrapper) then you can play it back on a PC that has a DTS encoder installed. The full version of PowerDVD will enable this.

As to extracting and editing, have a look at the hypercube transcoder and hypercube DTS2WAV and WAV2DTS software. Unfortunately these won't cut DTS tracks, but will get them into a form you can work with elsewhere.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DTSWAV (44.1KHz) em I right?
    one way is f.e.:
    to create a CUE Sheet for your cutting points, burn the WAV via CUE with an Image burner (like inside Nero) or as an image like UltraISO.
    Then mount the image and rip the tracks back with ExactAudioCopy

DTS (48KHz)
    another is AC3DelayCut or DTSTrim (see needfulthings) which is able to cut DTS (48KHz) files.

CYA Daphy
    Quote Quote  
  4. Its either I am technically incomptent or its because its a DTS AUDIO cd *(not a DTS dvd)...And hence, I have trouble finding the appropriate software to rip the disc ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mach747
    Its either I am technically incomptent or its because its a DTS AUDIO cd *(not a DTS dvd)...And hence, I have trouble finding the appropriate software to rip the disc ..
    -> DTS-CD = DTSWAV, handle it like a normal AudioCD (you might not replay it on your PC but the file will work later on your standalone!)
    rip it f.e. with ExactAudioCopy, Nero or what ever (there are many guides around )

report your results

CYA Daphy
    Quote Quote