VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have QuickTime Alternative (just the browser plug-in, not the player). I tryied that .mov file just to see if the error was particularly with the .mkv file, but is not. For the .mov file, GSpot says "Codec Status Undetermined". For the .h264 (after I demux the .mkv file), GSpot says "Codec(s) are Installed". I don't know why I can't frameserve the .mkv file with Avisynth. Here is the specifications of the .mkv movie:
    Code:
         SOURCE..............: NTSC DVD
         ViDEOCODEC..........: 2 Pass x264
         ViDEOBiTRATE........: 1094 Kbps
         AUDiO.BiTRATE.......: AC3 448 Kbps
         SUBTiTLES...........: -
         RES.................: 704 x 304
         SiZE................: 1/4 DVDR
         RUNTiME.............: 01:41:23
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to Midzuki, who recommeded CoreAVC, now the frameserving of h.264 movies is working just fine!! Big thanks man!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by F u r u y á
    Thanks to Midzuki, who recommeded CoreAVC, now the frameserving of h.264 movies is working just fine!! Big thanks man!
    Yeah right, like we're going to PAY for demuxing some x264 sources! Come on.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    bayme wrote:

Yeah right, like we're going to PAY for demuxing some x264 sources! Come on.

F u r u y á was NOT talking about "demuxing some H264 sources" ---
    his problem was related to Avisynth and H264-decompression (because of the codec hell
    he was going through, "y' know"). Come on. :P :P :P
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Midzuki
    his problem was related to Avisynth and H264-decompression (because of the codec hell
    he was going through, "y' know").
    Either way, CoreAVC is overly priced crap. It uses open source or GPL code to decompress x264 video, and then asks money for it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I did your tutorial and it worked like a charm. The only problem I am having is when I try to play the video in VirtualDub, instead of the audio, there is this high pitched noise. I probably have messed up something in a codec...do you guys know how to fix this thing? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. what to do if VirtualDub says, that MOV is not supported format? Everything was OK until one day I tried to load MOV video to VirtualDub and since this time it has shown this error. I have right codecs for the video but it doesnt help. Where can be problem?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TA_Kosice View Post
    what to do if VirtualDub says, that MOV is not supported format? Everything was OK until one day I tried to load MOV video to VirtualDub and since this time it has shown this error. I have right codecs for the video but it doesnt help. Where can be problem?
    You should load the avisynth avs. If you are using the quicktime mov plugin then make a new thread about that issue.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am using AVS script, because VirtualDub does not know MOV video itself. And I used original QT codec and also I tried QT alternative, but no success now with anyone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you play the avs with windows media player or media player classic?
    Quote Quote  
  11. no, it is not possible
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a 1080p f4v file i want edited but when i use this method to edit it in vdub the video loads alright but it takes up the whole monitor screen and even then it can't fit the whole picture in, is there a way to fix this because i can't edit a video if i can't see the whole picture?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BassJunkie View Post
    I've got a 1080p f4v file i want edited but when i use this method to edit it in vdub the video loads alright but it takes up the whole monitor screen and even then it can't fit the whole picture in, is there a way to fix this because i can't edit a video if i can't see the whole picture?
    fixed
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    fixed
    How? It might help others.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i installed directshow filters now i can edit it using avidemux
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hi.

Is there a way to open mov, wmv, mp4 and such files without creating manually an .avs-file ("DirectShowSource("file.ext")") for every input file? It would be so much more comfortable if there is a way telling VirtualDub it has to open all files I drag & drop or open through AviSynth DShow.

Do you know if this is possible?

Edit: Ok, I did a batch script by myself which generates an avs-file , open's it VDub and deletes it automatically. It works well, but if you have better ideas, I would like to hear it
    Last edited by klischee; 8th Sep 2010 at 08:10.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    I am looking for a command line tool that will allow me to open a wmv container, edit the wma audio, and re-write the wmv file with the edited audio.

ffmpeg and mplayer do not support these containers/formats, but I'm looking for open source free software that will get the job done.

All files are similar: WMV container with WMV video and WMA audio.
    1) WVC1 video codec, WMA version 2 (Codec ID 161) audio Sample Rate of 48 kHz, 16 bits.
    2) WMV3 video codec, WMA version 2 (Codec ID 161) audio Sample Rate of 48 kHz, 16 bits.
    3) WMV3 video codec, WMA version 2 (Codec ID 161) audio Sample Rate of 44.1 kHz, 16 bits.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by xycer View Post
    i have an mkv file, and using this guide, i am able to open the avs file with media player classic and it plays fine, however, when i open it with virtuadub and/or my encoders (tmpgenc or cce) the video flashes to a grey screen every second/split second.

any ideas?
    I have the same problem, believe it is a codec problem. Could somebody help to solve it?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by liamrite View Post
    ... open a wmv container, edit the wma audio, and re-write the wmv file with the edited audio.
    Don't know if it'll help but for the record, I use my audio software, Sound Forge, to extract the audio to a wav file where I can do what I like with it, then MS Expression Encoder to put the 2 back together again. In SF, I can sync the wav file to the original wmv & even reencode the wmv, but that's not its dedicated function & Encoder does it better.

You might find other audio software or converters that can extract the audio.
    Quote Quote