VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I tried searching a bit but evidently didn't know the right search terms.

I've noticed my clips all seem off with one side of the stereo channel (or even mono) louder than the other. Is this my cheap headphones or is it like fm stations that broadcast with one channel's volume lower than the other? The music came from the internet.

Thanks for any insights/links
    Quote Quote  
  2. It could be your soundcard. I have on-board audio, and the left channel does sound louder than the right one.
    That's why I'm getting a new X-Fi card. 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you load it into an audio editor you will be able to see the levels of each channel and you will know the answer.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is too obvious.. but have you checked the balance? the all outputs have their own use, the windows play control to check. if its set right.. move it till it sounds right.. not perfect.. but atleast it will sound ok till you get a better card or speakers which ever is the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I'll have to check with my disabled onboard card to see if the volume's off. Yes...I suppose I could do what you recommended which a good idea for a bandaid...I'm now wondering if all the video clips are off...Guess I'll find out.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The chances of a large number of disparate clips from multiple sources all having the same channel out of whack are so small that it is most likely your hardware somewhere.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    another thing coulg be your record setting balance could be off causing all your recordings to be off.. just a thought.. id be willing to bet its one of those two..

im refering to the windows play control settings.you might need to unhide all teh devices some may be hidden.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, some came from the internet...which I suppose could have had their recording settings off...Sounds like a huge mess to determin what's going on...I'll have to start with the headphones.
    Thx
    Quote Quote