VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using the BesweetGUI and Surcode DVD Pro DTS Encoder, I encoded an ac3 audio file into dts.

When opened in VLC Media Player, no audio is heard, while, if I open the same file in Media Player Classic, the player shuts down after playing for 4-5secs. Same problem, occurs, if I with ffdshow filters too.

When I try muxing the dts file with avi video in VDubMod, the stream list shows dts file with 0secs length.

I'm totally confused. The dts file encoded using Surcode DVD Pro DTS Encoder, is totally useless. I simply don't understand what went wrong with the encoder. Pls help me encode properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Using the BesweetGUI and Surcode DVD Pro DTS Encoder, I encoded an ac3 audio file into dts.
    What´s the use of transcoding AC3 to DTS?
    The only thing you will achieve is to suffer losses in sound quality

Check your DTS with besplit/beslice, maybe your file has been damaged while encoding
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could be the simplest of reasons-you don't have a dts encoder to play the file.
    To DVD:-I'm sure if you encoded you're avi to m2v and authored with dvdauthorgui/DVDLab Pro then it would play ok once burnt. Make sure dvd player can take dts though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thegeeman
    Could be the simplest of reasons-you don't have a dts encoder to play the file.
    i don't think a dts encoder plays dts files...may be you mis-spelt the word... if you meant 'dts decoder', then yes, i've a dts decoder.

Originally Posted by daphy
    Check your DTS with besplit/beslice, maybe your file has been damaged while encoding.
    how do i check...do you mean to say use the command line similar to this:

Code:
    besplit -core( -input <input file path> -prefix<output file path> -fix )
    if you mean to check like that, then it is not possible, as besplit/beslice can check/fix only ac3 streams not dts streams.

I tried another method. I converted the ac3 audio into six 32-bit mono waves using besweet. Now, I myself, fed each of the channels to Surcode DVD Pro dts Encoder. Strangely, the resulting dts file runs! But, it runs for double the original time duration, and the playback rate is fast and very noisy too.

Technically, there's no difference between the previous method and this one. Previously while encoding ac3 to dts directly, Besweet itself used to call the Surcode dts Encoder(as I specified the folder path to BeSweet) after transcoding into 6 mono waves. And, now, I myself am feeding the transcoded waves. That's the only difference in the two methods. But, strange fact, is outputs from each of the two methods showcase different dimensions of problems.

dts file obtained from first method doesn't play at all in any player(containing dts decoder)

dts file obtained from second method plays for double time with lots of noise and faster playback rate.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried fixing the dts file with bepslit. It showed a lot of stream errors, which I couldn't find justificable, coz, my original ac3 audio runs for only 2:20min, the encoded dts audio runs for 4:45min(as I told before, the time gets doubled) and the stream errors shown by besplit occur upto 7min of stream scanning. this is quite impossible. A screenshot while the besplit command prompt is running can be seen below:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how do i check...do you mean to say use the command line similar to this:

Code:
    besplit -core( -input <input file path> -prefix<output file path> -fix )

if you mean to check like that, then it is not possible, as besplit/beslice can check/fix only ac3 streams not dts streams.
    which version do you use? Besplit v0.9b7?

take a look at needfulthing´s BeSweet Installer, this package contains some further gimicks :P
    PLZ also take a look at the updates mentioned on this site
    For DTS check use simply drag´n´drop to 'besliced'
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thx a lot for besplitv0.9b7. It fixed my dts stream obtained from first method i.e., direct ac3 to dts conversion using besweetguiv0.7b4(installer package-includes besweetv1.5). Now, the dts stream is working fine.

However, if i follow the second method, and obyain 6 mono waves of 32-bit float, and now after I feed these to Surcode DVD dts Encoder, the resulting dts file is again playing for double time. When I tried to fix this file using besplitv0.9b7, the same stream error problem persisted.

I couldn't get the mystery even now. What is the difference when Besweet calls the Surcode itself, and when I use Surcode myself ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you already check the mono WAVs with besplit?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the mono waves are temporary files created by besweet during the process of conversion from 5.1 ac3 to dts. These temporary files are fed to surcode immediately after transcoding is over, and deleted as soon as Surcode finishes encoding into dts.

So, the only time gap in which the mono waves exist is when the Surcode encodes the 6 mono waves into dts. If I start using besplit to check the mono waves during this time gap, then the encoding process in Surcode gets slowed down, and threat of processor failing to run multiple process may also be anticipated.

Anywhere, if you think that the problem lies in the transcoded 6 temporary mono waves(during the process of conversion from 5.1 ac3 to dts by besweet), then I'll personally transcode 5.1 ac3 into 6 seperate mono waves using besweet, and check them using besplit.

Thx for the idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So, the only time gap in which the mono waves exist is when the Surcode encodes the 6 mono waves into dts. If I start using besplit to check the mono waves during this time gap, then the encoding process in Surcode gets slowed down, and threat of processor failing to run multiple process may also be anticipated.
    Oh dude,

more fanatsy! Simply set the write protection flag on these files when surcode starts - no hurry, you got time until surcode ends.
    Stop surcode, analayse your files and if you want restart surcode
    Quote Quote