VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am kind of excited about getting into purchasing DVD with Printable DVD Covers. I was wondering does anyone have any pictures of one's they have printed, to show us what can be achieved? I would imagine that they can look pretty nice if one takes there time and designs them well.

Thanks in advance, for any information you can provide. I don't know how one can snap a picture of a cover, but maybe is possible. Probably putting one in a scanner wouldn't be a good idea. Maybe a shot with a digital still camera.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A flat bed scanner may be used.
    Live Life 2 The Fullest, Live The Life U Luv & Luv The Life U Live!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are you talking about printable media i.e. a dvd, or a DVD cover insert for the clamshell case?

In any event, you can find both at www.cdcovers.cc

There you can see the quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use a color laser, not ink, if you want a high quality result. The best ink can never compete with a good laser. My laser prints look every bit as good as a DVD bought in the store.

I design my own covers, I have no real need for cover sites. I make new content, I'm not copying discs left and right.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. lordsmurf: Please elaborate some more about color laser. Do you mean lightscribe technology? I thought lightscribe was strictly monochrome. I am not copying DVD's either.

What I wanted to see is some examples of original designs created by the individual people who have these printable DVD's. I mean some examples of how they used text, what fonts they used, how they placed a picture or two on the DVD to represent a character in the tv show or movie. Nothing too personal though, just some general idea of what one can achieve with this technology. I am not condeming those who use these DVD Cover Website to get what they want to place on the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing to do with lightscribe. I'm refering to a color laser printer. Have you never seen or used a laser printer?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. And just what's wrong with LS tech?
    Live Life 2 The Fullest, Live The Life U Luv & Luv The Life U Live!
    Quote Quote  
  8. lordsmurf: I am not very familiar with laser printers. The Ink Jet ones seem so prominent, that is what usually springs to mind when I think of printers. I think a friend of mine has one, it takes a blue, red and yellow cartridges to produce colour and I think it has one for black ink. I will have to research this topic some more. I believe people say that laser printer can do a nice job at printing stuff though.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Use a color laser, not ink, if you want a high quality result. The best ink can never compete with a good laser. My laser prints look every bit as good as a DVD bought in the store.

I design my own covers, I have no real need for cover sites. I make new content, I'm not copying discs left and right.
    What model color laser do you have if I may ask? I've been interested in them but don't know much about their quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think Lordsmurf is talking about Printing the DVD Covers for the Cases with a Laser Printer, not the DVD themselves. Please correct me if I'm mistaken LS.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes I think he is too, that's why I'm asking
    Quote Quote