VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    New DVDs has a new copy protection(Arccos) that old dvd decrypters does not support so try:

Try rip the DVD to the HD with latest DVDFab Decrypter (free).

or

Try install latest AnyDVD ($40)and you should be able to use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter or any other tool as usual. AnyDVD runs automatically in the background.

and

If you still can't shrink the DVD with DVDShrink try first with rip it to the HD with DVDFab Decrypter or AnyDVD and then use latest FixVTS or Vobblanker .

2. Just to add more info for the newbies:

Its down to copy protection,DVDFab Decrypter can bypass most of the latest protections,as can AnyDVD which is my tool of choice.
    DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter cannot bypass the newest protections,you see,so therefore you cannot rip.
    ~Luke~

3. I agree with laspis59. I also use anydvd. They update frequently. Shrink and DVD Decrypter are not being supported now, but you can use them for the features you want if you have anydvd running in the backround. I have read on these forums that DVDFab Decrypter has had some problems.

Search Comp PM
    I know about Decrypter, but is Shrink also not being supported any more, How comes ?
    What movies have the so called, 'latest protection' ? I haven't had problems yet. Even ripped 'Sith' with Shrink, so when should I start worrying ? So Shrink has also secomed to the 'dark side' ?

5. Originally Posted by cyflyer
    I know about Decrypter, but is Shrink also not being supported any more, How comes ?
    What movies have the so called, 'latest protection' ? I haven't had problems yet. Even ripped 'Sith' with Shrink, so when should I start worrying ? So Shrink has also secomed to the 'dark side' ?
    Sony's protections are the ones you may not be able to rip.

BTW the author of DVDShrink abandoned the project and now works for Nero,on Nero Recode.
    ~Luke~

6. Sorry accidently double posted
    ~Luke~

7. Look at ReJig. It is a simple tool and can only duplicate the main movie. Interface is a little simple as well. However, that said, it has duplicated DVDs that the others have failed to. It has saved me several times. Its a nice tool.

8. I tried DVDFab Decrypter to back up my Bewitched DVD and it fails. What did I do wrong? Is there a specific setting I have to do? I don't want to buy AnyDVD because I only buy about 4 Sony titles each year.
    "Half empty or half full, it's still only half a glass" - What Dave Says

9. Originally Posted by sapiendut
    I tried DVDFab Decrypter to back up my Bewitched DVD and it fails. What did I do wrong? Is there a specific setting I have to do? I don't want to buy AnyDVD because I only buy about 4 Sony titles each year.
    Quite a few people have had issues with that DVD-Video. The following URLs may be helpful:

<http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=153419>
    <http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=101887&highlight=bewitched>

and especially this URL:

<http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56592>.

10. i tried to make a copy of my "The Longest Yard" with AnyDVD turned on with DVD Decrypter and with DVD shrink and it didnt work, so i tried DVDFab Decrypter and it stalled at the same point. Is there something im doing wrong here?

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll probably have to wait for DVDFab to update. In the mean time download trial Anydvd. The only way i was able to backup Bewitched was to use Anydvd with shrink and it could only be main movie. I tried AnyDVD using decrypter but failed. AnyDVD with Shrink(full backup) would fail also.

12. i tried anydvd with dvd shrink already and it wouldn't open the disc...it got to a point in the video and stopped, giving me a "failed to read disc" error....

13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VirtualDoobMon
    You'll probably have to wait for DVDFab to update.
    DVDFab Decrypter was updated for "Lords Of Dogtown" & worked perfectly on "Bewitched" for me, without ever even having Anydvd on my system.
    And "The Longest Yard" is from awhile ago so doubt it has anything to do with needing DVDFab Decrypter to be updated

14. that is what i figured...i jsut downloaded DVDFab today so i must have the latest version

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was getting the same error when backing up Bewitched with AnyDVD & shrink in Full Disc mode as well. Try reauthor mode and backup only the main movie.

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sapiendut
    I tried DVDFab Decrypter to back up my Bewitched DVD and it fails. What did I do wrong? Is there a specific setting I have to do? I don't want to buy AnyDVD because I only buy about 4 Sony titles each year.
    I have been using DVD Decrypter for quite some time now the latest version is 3.5.4.0 Unforntuatly there will be no more updates for it. And there are now 2 codes that is does crack. The same is true for DVD Shrink (newest version 3.2.0.15) the IFCC took it over. It may be updated in the future I do not know for certain but you can find it here http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html So I recebtly switched to DVDFab Decrypter but it does not work for the most recent code that is on the Bewitched and Madagasgcar DVD. The features for Shrink were the best I have seen. I am guessing that a DVDFab Decrypter update is my best bet but I will look at other programs in the meantime possibly AnyDVD.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGESSTIONS ON FULL DVD BACK UP? OR OTHER GOOD PROGRAMS TO RUN?

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    go get the update for DVDFab decrypter that just came out today; it does have the fixins for Madagasgcar and probably Bewitched also
    kip

18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sector 7 G
    So I recebtly switched to DVDFab Decrypter but it does not work for the most recent code that is on the Bewitched and Madagasgcar DVD. The features for Shrink were the best I have seen. I am guessing that a DVDFab Decrypter update is my best bet but I will look at other programs in the meantime possibly AnyDVD.
    DVDFab Decrypter was updated way back for Lords of Dogtown, which also works on bewitched, and was just updated again today to work on the newest protection on madagascar, you need to update programs on a regular basis to keep up with the new protections 8)

19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone have any luck with Stealth yet. I tried using Decrypter, DVDfab decrpter, 1 click with DVD43 in back ground and shrink.. All N/G.. any suggestions?

Search Comp PM
    I had no problems backing up STEALTH. I used DVDFAB DECRYPTER to rip then DVDRB-PRO and burned it with DECRYPTER.

21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a mate who does NOT have the latest Fabs & Decrypters etc & was not aware of the problems with the new copy protections etc.

He is a Shrink fan from way back.
    But for those who know Shrink inside & out, the following may make sense to you.

He managed to back up Madagascar a few weeks ago after much heartache on the last known DVD Shrink, by setting a start point up from the beginning & then dragging the slider back to the beginning. He said he got the whole lot?

I have not played with shrink like that, but it COULD be a work around.
    Maybe I'm talking out my arse too??

In hindsight it is much easier to just download the latest apps.

PS region 4 & PAL

22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found I cannot rip "Santa Jr." with DVD Decrypter or DVDFAB DECRYPTER. Any suggestions? How do I know for sure it is not simply a bad DVD? It plays ok in my setup DVD player.

Added Dec 10 2005:
    Never mind. I went out and bought a second copy of the DVD and that one worked fine. I just wish there was a way to know for sure if the problem is an encryption problem or if it is a bad DVD problem.
    Zakkkkkman

23. Baldrick, I think that we need a official like topic,
    "It's Tuesday, I can't backup this DVD'.

24. willx24601 wrote:
    hmm... did anyone try this? it worked for me.... i just wanted to give my method... biggrin.gif

1- using DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 ripped ISO DVD on your pc (iso) if you're having problems, just change the option on DVD Decrypter - CSS tab - from I/O Key Exchange -> Brute Force TO Brute Force -> I/O Key Exchange or to the other option Brute Force.

2- Drag the ISO file to DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 the black window where it would load up, and take out the materials you don't want and just back up.

this method worked for me ever since "The Forgotten" DVD came out. Other discs that i had to use this method was "Madagascar", "Resident Evil Apocalypse", and "Sky High".

I did this works great thanks
    Just a side note when in shrink go to extars change to still images you will get 88% on the movie compress still have menus minus the crap

This is from the Madagascar post
    "Man who walk through airport turnstile backwards
    going to Bangkok."

25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to back up my STEALTH dvd movie with DVD shrink like I always do but this time it failed.
    It says invalid dvd structure.
    I've tried Anydvd and Rejig but still no luck. Can anyone help with that matter? or point to some guide?

Norbert

26. DVDFAB DECRYPTER has been updated a few days ago. Try it. Do you have dvd2one? Try that after you rip it.
    Life is like a pothole, you just have to learn to get around it.

27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried fvffab and it worked then I did re-author with dvd shrink to remove unwanted stuff and it was OK.
    However when i burned this onto dvd-r it won't play in my sony dvd player but it's playing in my computer.
    Is there anything i can do to make this playable in my dvd player?

Search Comp PM
    what brand is your dvd-r media? what burning software are you using?
    you may want to try using a old version of DVDSHRINK 3.0 beta. i used it to do Madagascar after using dvdfab decyrpter.

29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Media id fujifilm dvd-r and I have tried 3.0 and still same.
    Does it matter that I have sony dvd player and movie Stealth is from SONY?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nniwelt
    Media id fujifilm dvd-r and I have tried 3.0 and still same.
    Does it matter that I have sony dvd player and movie Stealth is from SONY?
    What is the MEDIA ID of those FUJI DVD-R? Use dvdinfo pro or dvd identifier to find out the MEDIA ID.

Nevermind about the media ID....I didn't read your post correctly....

It shouldn't matter that you have a SONY DVD PLAYER....It's how you're ripping the movie......you used DVD SHRINK 3.0BETA?