FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I have edited a bit my post

2. Originally Posted by Abond
    I have edited a bit my post
    Me too. Thanks, I had a good laugh. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

3. Originally Posted by nniwelt
    I have tried fvffab and it worked then I did re-author with dvd shrink to remove unwanted stuff and it was OK.
    However when i burned this onto dvd-r it won't play in my sony dvd player but it's playing in my computer.
    Is there anything i can do to make this playable in my dvd player?

I use:

Ripit4Me
    DVD Shrink
    FixVTS
    Nero

And I have been able to copy anything that is out there today.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i use one, dvdfab platinum, just backed up two dvds today, premonition and hills have eyes II. only took 36 min total do both.

5. Member
    Search PM
    Has anyone successfully ripped the US edition of Stephen King's 'The Dead Zone' Special Collecter's Edition? If so, what software(s) did you use? Thanks.

6. Thus far I am using AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter to rip the movies....then I edit and split the movie with DVDShrink . I usually burn with either DVDShrink or NERO.Thus far I have not come across one movie that doesn't copy this way. I always use no compression so the copy is as good as the original. Many times though this means putting a DVD-9 movie on 2 DVD-5 discs due to size.

It's really simple ripping with anydvd and decrypter no need for VOB Blanker or FixVTS.

AnyDVD is an awesome piece of software.

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK.....I have a DVD that was recorded locally of some wedding ..it's about an hour in length...AND I CANNOT COPY IT!!!...I've used AnyDVD 6.3.10..........CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5........DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0........DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15.....NOTHING WORKS!!!.....what the hell?......I cleaned the DVD with dishwashing liquid..........what shud I try?....THank you very much!

8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try isobuster or cdroller on home recorded videos that you can't copy with windows explorer.

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cdroller or isobuster couldn't do it......the DVD doesn't seem to be scratched......I tried copying the files from the DVD to my hard disk.....I got a cyclical redundancy error.........
    I'm ready to give up.....

10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried on a different dvd reader/computer?

11. The only thing I can think of is some brands of DVD don't play well with some brands of burner. Is this a commercially protected DVD from some video company or just a home movie? Try Anydvd and DVD Dcrypter to rip. Try another brand DVD. Try another DVD Burner. After that I think you are fubared.

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what's fubared?

I could watch the movie...I couldn't copy it....hahhaha!...really weird man!

13. Well the fact that you can play the disc means your burner is reading ok. You said it was failing the cyclical redundancy test originally when writing to hard drive. That means that there are bit errors and what is coming off the disc is not the same as what is getting written to disc or hard drive. That would lead me to believe the problem is with the burner but all I can do is guess at this point.

Have you tried cleaning the laser lens on your burner? They do get dirty after a long use and need to be cleaned. That can cause some funky results. It really seems to me this is a burner hardware issue. Are you having trouble burning and copying any other materials other than the wedding video??

fubar = F****d Up Beyond All Repair

Search Comp PM
    also if the video is on a cheap disc, like oh say "Memorex", you will often run into this problem
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil

15. I have been getting that cyclic redundancy error on my system a bit recently. This is when I am trying to copy a DVD from my combo DVD/CDRW drive to my DVDRW drive using DVDShrink or even DVDDecrypter. I have had success when I switch the disc down to my DVDRW drive and let it do the reading. I think I may have to swap out that combo drive soon, can't really complain though, had it for about 5 years and have used it LOTS.

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just received a Toshiba A2155-s7422 Laptop as a gift. It has a internal DVDRW driver so I wanted to back up some of my DV56+44Ds. I have installed DVD Shrink version 3.2 and I purchased Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box), at the Best Buy guy's referral. I tried backing up "Ice Age" by using DVD Shrink which it did compress it. But when I went to use Roxio to burn it, I would receive this error message " The audio files you are in AC3 form and not compatible with some NTSC. If you continue to burn this file these audio files will be replaced with silence, would you like to continue burning." I have installed AC3 Filter and that doesnt decode the audio files for me. I have yet to find anything that works for me to solve this problem. I am new at all of this so I am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or using the wrong program. Can anyone help me with this problem? or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when copying a movie using DVDfab, how do you just copy the main movie in one file and not in 0.99GB files?

18. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    please make a new topic if the above solutions doesn't work.