VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    OK, here's some background.

The AV guys I work with bought a bunch of new PCs, they came with Windows Media Center Edition. MCE is not approved for use on our network(s), and the regulations say users can't have PCs on the network that aren't able to be managed by my group, i.e. they have to be on our Domain, which MCE can't do except through Windows Setup. SO I started working with the one computer savvy user there, and we got Windows XP SP2 installed along with all drivers and apps, but the problem is with the capture programs.

Using SageTV, I can get audio and video, but when I record, I get an error:
    There was a problem utilizing the specific capture configuartion. Unable to configure the audio capture portion of the filter graph. ErrCode=0x80004005.

Using GB-PVR, I can get sound, but no Audio. I set everything to the default, no sound still. I tried the various listings for the SoundBlaster, but I still can't get sound.

Anybody have any experience getting the PVR-150MCE to work with XP Pro? I tried googling it without much luck in troubleshooting tips, and SageTV's site says I may be using an unsupported card. I realize that that is a probable cause, but using MCE is not an option. Capturing is not my expertise, so I'll admit it's probably a stupid error on my part. Also, I apologize to the mods if this should be in the Capturing forum, it seems that it fits both COmputer and Capturing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My 250MCE didn't seem to work with XP Pro when I had it in my workstation for a short time. I only tried the proprietary Hauppauge software with it though.

And I believe there is a way to assign a domain outside of doing it in the install process, I just can't recall what the steps were anymore.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  3. You simply need to install the hauppauge decoder for mpeg-2 audio. Download it from the website, or it's included in the CD drivers download from www.shspvr.com
    Your system default audio decoder could be messed up. Installing the new one should sort it out.
    If not, in gbpvr's config, change the playback audio decoder and/or audio renderer on the Playback tab.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the drivers, and switched the audio decoder to MPEG Audio Decoder in the config, still no go. The video looks good. I'm not sure also if I was really clear, I haven't recorded anything with GBPVR yet, this is only the Live TV option. I'll try recording and see if the sound is in the output MPEG.

Off the topic, I know you can replace some DLL files in MCE to enable the Domain option, but I looked at one of them using the HP image and the option wan't there, similar to XP Home. It may have been HP's OEM version that was like this, since it looked like they used Sysprep without the -mini switch. Part of the problem too is that, MCE just hasn't been approved for use by the command I work for, so even if I could get it on the domain, the IA guys would have a fit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Doesn't matter if you're recording, or watching live TV, it's timeshifted half a second anyhow, and actually played back from your hard drive, which is why you need to mess with the playback decoders.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote