VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. After checking out the auctions on ebay the CD Trays seem to be going for pretty crazy prices lately. There are only 3-4 auctions going and they are hitting like 60$ + shipping. Seems kind of crazy, does anyone know any alternative sources for these things? Can you order one from Canon directly?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    But I bought the tray from him (US$20) a while back. He seems to have them pretty regularly so you might keep an eye out.
    I got my tray from him, too. Here it is, for $20 :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-Pixma-i3000-i4000-i5000-CD-DVD-Print-Tray_W0QQitemZ682660884...QQcmdZViewItem
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes but it doesnt come with the rollers which is an additional 20$ + 8$ shipping
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Canon USA Parts (732-521-7679) had the trays and roller assemblies in stock about a month ago. I ordered and received two trays for $18 including shipping. I found out later that they did have the roller assy also but I didn't order any - maybe should have. Occasionally I need to nudge the tray into the rollers to get it to print, but doesn't bother me to do that.
    There was a posting a few days later on the Steve's Digicam Forum from a guy that said Canon no longer had any in stock - they took his order but called him back later saying they were out of stock. Don't know whether they plan on getting more. Their prices are sure better than the ones on E-bay - but maybe Canon USA Parts won't have them anymore. I may have just been lucky to get them.
    Steve W.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Never had a chance to order from canon, they always stop me before I get the part # outta my mouth. They be wise
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by broaddd
    Is it possible to find/make a Photoshop template for the Canon CD-tray and print direct from Photoshop? Can anyone email me one?

Cheers,
    bruce
    Did you have any joy with this (either finding or making a Photoshop template for ip CD printing)? Been trying to figure out how to do this myself. I think the Canon CD label print software is pretty good but I normally use Photoshop for all my design work (A4 Neato CD labels, Cover & inlay artwork). Be really cool If I could make an accurate template & print straight to CD from Photoshop.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dogboy73
    Originally Posted by broaddd
    Is it possible to find/make a Photoshop template for the Canon CD-tray and print direct from Photoshop? Can anyone email me one?

Cheers,
    bruce
    Did you have any joy with this (either finding or making a Photoshop template for ip CD printing)? Been trying to figure out how to do this myself. I think the Canon CD label print software is pretty good but I normally use Photoshop for all my design work (A4 Neato CD labels, Cover & inlay artwork). Be really cool If I could make an accurate template & print straight to CD from Photoshop.
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1132
    Halfway down , there is a link for a template
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ntscuser
    Originally Posted by KnightCrawler
    Tried that, the printer didn't want to know. Just keeps telling me the paper has run out and to load the sheet feeder. Am using the Verbatim 119mm data file as my version of Cover Designer doesn't support Canon.
    Click properties on the dialog above and change Media Type to:

Okay, done that. Works now and is as close as dammit. Many thanks.
    One you set up the print sitting is there any way to save them so you dont have to do it every time you need to print a cd?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nickelzy
    After a couple of months with my Epson R200, the tray was a pain to get to work. Sometimes it would print fine, and other times it would eject with an error, resulitng in me trying again. The print speed is not very fast compared to the Canon. The overall quality is not very impressive. Canon beats the R200 on all three of the areas. Also, a fourth being that Canon allows for generic cartridges without any chip - it is MUCH more generic ink friendly.
    I have yet to see the Epson chosen over Canon by those who have used both. I've printed about 300 discs so far on a Canon iP4000 and just keep filling up the cartridges. The really neat thing is that I can just pull out a small rubber plug I put in the top of each cartridge. I pull a plug, add the ink, and replace the plug, all without every taking the cartridge out of the printer. Very fast. Not messy and no chance the cartridge will drip.

For newcomers to the mod'd Canon's, there are non-Canon trays available at http://www.cd-trays.com but I haven't heard anything about them yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smitti
    Once you set up the print sitting is there any way to save them so you dont have to do it every time you need to print a cd?
    Yes, you can select the printer from Control Panel, right-clck "Properties" then select Printing Preferences, make the adjustments then save them as your default settings for the Pixma. Remember to select Page Size as CD-R Tray B in Page Setup as well as Media Type = Printable disc in main preferences.

The drawback of doing all this of course is that you will have to change everything back in order to print normal pages.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There may be another, more streamlined way, especially if you use more than one type of printable disc. From the label program, when you select print, a dialog box pops up. Assuming your default printer is the Canon, click on Properties. Adjust all settings to your liking, but before printing, select the Profiles tab, where you can save the setting with a name of your choosing.

Those settings will hold for the duration of having the labeling program open. All other programs will see the default settings for the printer. The next time you open the label program, the printer will also have the default settings. This time, however, all you have to do is go to Properties, Profile, and select your saved settings for disc printing. The profile will apply to all disc printings during that session.

This approach has several merits. You don't have to reenter each adjustment. You can have several combinations of settings, each with their own profile name. I use different profiles for white and silver printable discs. After buying a second brand of whites, I created yet another profile because they need less ink than the other whtes. This is when the profiles capability gained my appreciation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great advice!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

Long time lurker (like, three or four years now!). Hopefully this is allowed.... I'm selling a fully modified Pixma IP4200 on Ebay right now. Includes new ink cartridges, a real Canon C-model tray, and has never been used (actually, it's a Canon factory refurb unit, so theoretically I guess it has been used). The firmware hacks have already been done. Basically, this thing is ready to print to DVDs and CDs right out of the box!

Check out the auction here: Link Removed
    I may be able to get a few more of these, and would be happy to offer reduced pricing on them to people here. Just reply to this thread if you're interested.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Nope, not allowed. You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Craig Tucker

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

Quote Quote  
  14. From |Reading the rules,I would say it's not allowed.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What is the reason that Canon has printers capable to print DVD/CD, but disable this feature in U.S. ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SingSing
    What is the reason that Canon has printers capable to print DVD/CD, but disable this feature in U.S. ?
    Threat of lawsuits by MPAA/RIAA
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by ntscuser
    Originally Posted by SingSing
    What is the reason that Canon has printers capable to print DVD/CD, but disable this feature in U.S. ?
    Threat of lawsuits by MPAA/RIAA
    You means Epson has better lawyers than Canon ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is a 15 year old thread, but I did this mod in 2014, and wondered if anyone had a part number for the rollers? I bought a set on eBay in 2014 and need another set (that order didn't show a part#). The part number I currently found was QM2-1490-000, but I don't know if that's the CDR TRAY BASE UNIT with or without the rollers. TIA.

Jim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My extensive collection of iP3000, iP4000 and iP5000 Canon printers for printing on discs have all died off. I must've gone through over 20 of them over the years. I now use the even better Canon MX922, and stocked up on them just before they were discontinued about four years ago.

Here's the good news for you: You absolutely don't need the rollers for this mod. I never used them and it worked just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by p_l View Post
    My extensive collection of iP3000, iP4000 and iP5000 Canon printers for printing on discs have all died off. I must've gone through over 20 of them over the years. I now use the even better Canon MX922, and stocked up on them just before they were discontinued about four years ago.

Here's the good news for you: You absolutely don't need the rollers for this mod. I never used them and it worked just fine.
    Thank you for the reply. I currently use an IP6000D to print CD's (with rollers). I'm converting another one to do the same but I don't like the way it loads without rollers. I've found another part number "QM2-1239-000 - CD Tray Roller Assembly" for the IP4000 that I am searching for. Hopefully this number will have better luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC, I think I sometimes had to give the tray the slightest of nudges for it to load.

Best of luck on your search. I'll be curious to know how it goes, so post your results. (y)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not looking promising. I can find the CD trays (which I don't need) but can't find anyone with the CD roller assembly. The tray will load without the rollers but I would prefer to have them if possible. I called the 2 places that actually listed it for sale, but they didn't actually have them and said they were no longer available. Maybe some day one will pop up on eBay.
    Quote Quote