VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 109
Thread
  1. Member p_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nickelzy
    Now I just have to figure out how to get replacement ink that I will be happy with (to keep the ink costs down).
    In Canada, I get these (prices in $CDN) at the same time as I order their good printable media, and I've also ordered from this place (prices here in $US).
    Quote Quote  
  2. I got around the 118mm and white band issue by stretching the image over around the template -- never had any ink spilling problems like some people described.

    If you look at the default stock images in CDR-Labelprint software, they aren't round -- so if you use them to print on your media, the image will stretch way out of the perimeter. There shouldn't be any ink spilling incidents there either.

    My main issue is with using scanned images -- it's a tad tricky to align some of them EXACTLY over the template so there won't be any misalignment in the hub area.

    Spiffy
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Hey p_I - do you get ALL 5 colors when you replace your ink? I've heard one person say that they get all but the yellow because he isn't happy with the replacement yellow. What's been your experience (in terms of quality compared to the OEM cartridges).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member p_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, all four (I have the iP3000) and I've been happy. YMMV. I've heard some people say they use replacement colors but original blacks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by p_l
    I've heard some people say they use replacement colors but original blacks.
    Hmmmmm.... interesting. I would have thought doing just the opposite. It seems like colors are more difficult to replicate than black.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok my turn, i notice in cdlabel print that when i goto print and preview it shows a white gap around the hole (only on one side) that i cannot make go away, i have my paperstock set to 118mm and 22mm, its a weird off center peice and the entire thing prints slightly off center aswell, i notice that you can adjust the print position however it doens't show any difference in the preview after doing so and i can't afford to waste discs trying to figure out the best print position ya know. So far i have gotten less than perfect results with nero 7 label maker, again it prints off center. I am using a pixma IP5000 with the cdtray and verbatim hub printable "no stack ring" dvdr's.

    Does anyone have similiar issues? I have attached a pic of what i am getting in cdlabel print. Thanks.

    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by qwik3r2
    ok my turn, i notice in cdlabel print that when i goto print and preview it shows a white gap around the hole (only on one side) that i cannot make go away, i have my paperstock set to 118mm and 22mm, its a weird off center peice and the entire thing prints slightly off center aswell, i notice that you can adjust the print position however it doens't show any difference in the preview after doing so and i can't afford to waste discs trying to figure out the best print position ya know. So far i have gotten less than perfect results with nero 7 label maker, again it prints off center. I am using a pixma IP5000 with the cdtray and verbatim hub printable "no stack ring" dvdr's.

    Does anyone have similiar issues? I have attached a pic of what i am getting in cdlabel print. Thanks.

    Have you tried adjusting the print postion, it's in the picture there but you have it set to 0 and 0 ?

    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah as i stated i notice the print position however as i said, when i adjust it it doesn't do anything in the preview, therefore its not really worth me wasting time with because i do not want to do trial and error wasting cds ya know.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by qwik3r2
    Yeah as i stated i notice the print position however as i said, when i adjust it it doesn't do anything in the preview, therefore its not really worth me wasting time with because i do not want to do trial and error wasting cds ya know.
    I used a piece of plastic that came with 50 pack of cd's or dvd's and just cut plain paper and did some test. Took three tries and it aligned up perfectly.

    You can also use AOL cd's or cd's you don't care about. Then just place plain paper over it and cut it out and glue it to the top of it.

    No reason to waste cd's.
    Quote Quote  
  10. yeah i've done that a few times, just as much of a pita lol, i wish the shit just lined up from the get go
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased a Pixma ip4000...I'm going to buy the cd tray, however do I NEED the roller also. What is the advantage of having the rollers? It seems many people forgo the rollers entirely.

    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have the rollers and have never had a problem. Just insert the tray, when the print screen calls for the tray, until it stops and hit OK or the Resume button. A few (very few) have reported problems with the tray not being pulled in without the rollers, but think it was mainly those with homemade trays. Both my two early homemades and real Canon tray have always worked OK. If you can get the roller piece for a few bucks it wouldn't hurt to have it. The rollers just keep some pressure on the tray until the mechanism catches it.
    BTW Canon Parts has the trays in stock plus the roller assembly. I just ordered another 2 trays - a spare for me and one for my son who may be getting the IP4200. Didn't get the rollers for me but maybe should have. The IP4200 already has the rollers I hear.
    I am very pleased with the DVD printing I get. Use TY hub printables.
    Steve W.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Search Comp PM
    You can get OEM ink at inksell.com, or other sites, for about $7.00 per cartridge. Unlike HP which has the print head built into the cartridge and is therefore, more expensive, this printer's cartridges are cheaper.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by pepegot1
    You can get OEM ink at inksell.com, or other sites, for about $7.00 per cartridge. Unlike HP which has the print head built into the cartridge and is therefore, more expensive, this printer's cartridges are cheaper.
    [s:7b0802df65]I like http://www.swiftink.com even better they sell good carts for $3.95 and they are less if you buy in volume. Their customer service is excellent.

    Shipping is $3.95 or free if you order over $50 worth.[/s:7b0802df65]

    I use Hobbicolors refill ink sold on eBay now.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1
    You can get OEM ink at inksell.com, or other sites, for about $7.00 per cartridge. Unlike HP which has the print head built into the cartridge and is therefore, more expensive, this printer's cartridges are cheaper.
    Those are compatible, not OEM. Anyway, I had always used OEM ink (as I posted near the beginning of this thread). I finally went ahead and got some compatible cartidges from SwiftInk.com. I ordered all 5 cartridges for my Pixma 5000 (at $3.95 each). So far, I've only replaced the yellow and cyan, but I honestly can't tell the difference between this ink and the OEM Canon ink. Except for the price of course, which is 1/3 of the price of the Canon ink.

    Oh, and you absolutely do not need the roller assembly. I've been using my Pixma 5000 with a Canon tray for months, and it works perfectly. The roller assembly would make the printer look a little nicer though. I'd get the roller assembly if it were only a few dollars, but the only ones I've seen for sale have been more like $20. Not worth it, in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Mawdryn
    Originally Posted by pepegot1
    You can get OEM ink at inksell.com, or other sites, for about $7.00 per cartridge. Unlike HP which has the print head built into the cartridge and is therefore, more expensive, this printer's cartridges are cheaper.
    Those are compatible, not OEM. Anyway, I had always used OEM ink (as I posted near the beginning of this thread). I finally went ahead and got some compatible cartidges from SwiftInk.com. I ordered all 5 cartridges for my Pixma 5000 (at $3.95 each). So far, I've only replaced the yellow and cyan, but I honestly can't tell the difference between this ink and the OEM Canon ink. Except for the price of course, which is 1/3 of the price of the Canon ink.

    Oh, and you absolutely do not need the roller assembly. I've been using my Pixma 5000 with a Canon tray for months, and it works perfectly. The roller assembly would make the printer look a little nicer though. I'd get the roller assembly if it were only a few dollars, but the only ones I've seen for sale have been more like $20. Not worth it, in my opinion.


    Nevermind didn't read correctly
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member p_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    OK, so I've had the mod for a couple of weeks now and I've got to say I really love it! I used the great instructions on knightcrawler's site with a tray ordered off ebay from a vendor I can recommend, annocjr.

    It works fine without the roller assembly if you follow the instructions above.

    My Epson R300 just isn't getting the use it used to now, since Canon OEM compatible ink is so much cheaper.

    My only disappointment is that the Canon CD-LabelPrint program won't let you go to 119mm - the max is 118, which leaves a thin white band around the circumference of my Taiyo Yuden hub printables. Someone needs to come up with a hack for this.

    The Nero Cover Designer template does allow you to modify the outer (and inner) diameter, but Nero's font options are not as nice as Canon CD-LabelPrint's, e.g., no shadowing.

    So, for now my workaround is to design my cover in Canon CD-LabelPrint, then use a handy little option: File | Save as image. You have the option of either jpeg or bitmap. I choose bitmap so as not to compress and lose quality, then open that image in Nero Cover Designer with Object | Background Properties, and use the modified 119mm template available here, then print. No little white band around the edge anymore. However, it does appear to my eye that there is a slight generational loss when the Canon CD-LabelPrint image is exported to Nero Cover Designer, even if it is a bitmap.

    So, not perfect, but it is my handy workaround until someone can find a way to modify the Canon CD-LabelPrint to be able to go to 119, maybe with a registry hack something like this one for the Epson Print CD program?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by p_l
    OK, so I've had the mod for a couple of weeks now and I've got to say I really love it! I used the great instructions on knightcrawler's site with a tray ordered off ebay from a vendor I can recommend, annocjr.

    It works fine without the roller assembly if you follow the instructions above.

    My Epson R300 just isn't getting the use it used to now, since Canon OEM compatible ink is so much cheaper.

    My only disappointment is that the Canon CD-LabelPrint program won't let you go to 119mm - the max is 118, which leaves a thin white band around the circumference of my Taiyo Yuden hub printables. Someone needs to come up with a hack for this.

    The Nero Cover Designer template does allow you to modify the outer (and inner) diameter, but Nero's font options are not as nice as Canon CD-LabelPrint's, e.g., no shadowing.

    So, for now my workaround is to design my cover in Canon CD-LabelPrint, then use a handy little option: File | Save as image. You have the option of either jpeg or bitmap. I choose bitmap so as not to compress and lose quality, then open that image in Nero Cover Designer with Object | Background Properties, and use the modified 119mm template available here, then print. No little white band around the edge anymore. However, it does appear to my eye that there is a slight generational loss when the Canon CD-LabelPrint image is exported to Nero Cover Designer, even if it is a bitmap.

    So, not perfect, but it is my handy workaround until someone can find a way to modify the Canon CD-LabelPrint to be able to go to 119, maybe with a registry hack something like this one for the Epson Print CD program?
    No matter what i do i still can't get it to print w/o the white band, its off center its such a PITA. I am using a 119mm template that i got from one of these sites floating around, probably knightcrawler's and it still prints off center on a printable disc, i'm using nero cover designer. I have the tray and am using verbatim datalife plus printable hub 119mm
    Quote Quote  
  19. Has anyone experienced lines on on cd labels when printing dark images or black? I printed 2 labels side by side one was a pic of a person and an orange background, not a line, the other was pretty dark figures and a blueish black background and i see alot of lines on it, could it be my one of my black ink cartridges is screwed up? Can i clean it?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Just run the head cleaning utility.
    What exactly is rotten in Denmark?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member p_l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by qwik3r2
    Originally Posted by p_l
    OK, so I've had the mod for a couple of weeks now and I've got to say I really love it! I used the great instructions on knightcrawler's site with a tray ordered off ebay from a vendor I can recommend, annocjr.

    It works fine without the roller assembly if you follow the instructions above.

    My Epson R300 just isn't getting the use it used to now, since Canon OEM compatible ink is so much cheaper.

    My only disappointment is that the Canon CD-LabelPrint program won't let you go to 119mm - the max is 118, which leaves a thin white band around the circumference of my Taiyo Yuden hub printables. Someone needs to come up with a hack for this.

    The Nero Cover Designer template does allow you to modify the outer (and inner) diameter, but Nero's font options are not as nice as Canon CD-LabelPrint's, e.g., no shadowing.

    So, for now my workaround is to design my cover in Canon CD-LabelPrint, then use a handy little option: File | Save as image. You have the option of either jpeg or bitmap. I choose bitmap so as not to compress and lose quality, then open that image in Nero Cover Designer with Object | Background Properties, and use the modified 119mm template available here, then print. No little white band around the edge anymore. However, it does appear to my eye that there is a slight generational loss when the Canon CD-LabelPrint image is exported to Nero Cover Designer, even if it is a bitmap.

    So, not perfect, but it is my handy workaround until someone can find a way to modify the Canon CD-LabelPrint to be able to go to 119, maybe with a registry hack something like this one for the Epson Print CD program?
    No matter what i do i still can't get it to print w/o the white band, its off center its such a PITA. I am using a 119mm template that i got from one of these sites floating around, probably knightcrawler's and it still prints off center on a printable disc, i'm using nero cover designer. I have the tray and am using verbatim datalife plus printable hub 119mm
    Try editing the Outer Radius here to 59.500 mm. Since radius x 2 = diameter, that'll give you a diameter of exactly 119 mm. Keep adjusting it slightly if still necessary. You may also want to adjust the other parameters: the inner radius and/or the X/Y position.

    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I just modified the Pixma ip4000. I bought the cd-tray and the rollers off of eBay. They work fine. My problem is I'm trying to print from CD-Label Print.
    I've downloaded the drivers, the CD-R is enabled (thru the sequence of pushing resume/power), and the registry has been changed in Windows XP.

    However, I get this error message when I try to print:
    "Printing cannot be executed because the Inner Cover is open.
    Close the Inner Cover, and then press the RESUME button on the printer. Printing will restart."

    Well, the 'inner cover' is where the CD-tray is. I can't close that because that's where the CD is? Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I use CD-label Print with my Pixma 4000 (U.K.) model, which I didn't have to mod. You are supposed to leave the tray closed, then hit print, then wait for a prompt to tell you to open the inner cover and insert tray. Then hit resume and it will print.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by rhgindc
    I just modified the Pixma ip4000. I bought the cd-tray and the rollers off of eBay. They work fine. My problem is I'm trying to print from CD-Label Print.
    I've downloaded the drivers, the CD-R is enabled (thru the sequence of pushing resume/power), and the registry has been changed in Windows XP.

    However, I get this error message when I try to print:
    "Printing cannot be executed because the Inner Cover is open.
    Close the Inner Cover, and then press the RESUME button on the printer. Printing will restart."

    Well, the 'inner cover' is where the CD-tray is. I can't close that because that's where the CD is? Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
    Redo all the steps, something is wrong. The Inner Tray CAN be open if you actually go to print CDs, so it's either the registry or the firmware portion. I'm going to guess the firmware portion is not right. At first I was just running the registry changes annd got that same message. It wasn't until the firmware "hack" was done that it worked as it should.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fscrocco
    I use CD-label Print with my Pixma 4000 (U.K.) model, which I didn't have to mod. You are supposed to leave the tray closed, then hit print, then wait for a prompt to tell you to open the inner cover and insert tray. Then hit resume and it will print.

    Thanks! That is EXACTLY the trick. Leave the inner door closed, hit print, and the prompt will let you know when to insert the cd-tray with the cd. Of course, I'd already added the drivers and made the modification to the registry.

    I appreciate all the help!
    [/b]
    Quote Quote  
  26. Is it possible to find/make a Photoshop template for the Canon CD-tray and print direct from Photoshop? Can anyone email me one?

    Cheers,
    bruce
    Quote Quote  
  27. Do I need a whole Canon Ip4000 Print "kit" or will this do just this part do? http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/49/23/1d_1_b.JPG

    The other auctions seem to have 1 other piece, I think for printing on MiniCds like in this pic http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/90/0a/3b_1.JPG. Is that the only difference?
    Quote Quote  
  28. but most also recommend getting the rollers for the ip4000 so you dont have to hand feed it correct?
    Quote Quote  
  29. I bought the rollers right from the start so I can't tell you how it would work without.

    Good luck!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads