VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a bit of lighthearted fun. You have got to check out this guy!!! Remember him from Ong-Bak?

http://www.tomyumgoongmovie.com/html/trailer/trailer_wm_medium.asp

Mr Chan the pioneer and undisputed KING of martial arts stunt work, as been upstaged now by a younger and much more innovative martial artist??? Maybe!!! This guy's stunts will blow you away!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Jackie Chan is getting kinda old. Not hard to upstage.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Flaystus
    Jackie Chan is getting kinda old. Not hard to upstage.
    True. Jackie Chan cant do much of the moves he could do when he was young. He even mentioned this is one of his interviews.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yea, well he could still whomp on all your butts.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    he's good but obvioulsy he's just improving on stuff Chan did years ago. For example I suppose it's the same as how various world records are always being broken
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Weinstein Bros. distributor says the film will be out for "limited" North American release in December ... 2006, that is:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/TYGOO.php

Interesting article on "Tom Yum Goong" in Variety:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117927432?categoryid=19&cs=1&s=h&p=0

I suspect a version with English subtitles will be released in Australia first, though. Has anyone in Oz heard a release date mentioned?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    few more videos here

http://www.tonyjaa.org/forum/index.php?showforum=29

Tom Yum Goong release dates
    Update 14 September 2005
    These dates might be changed. Release dates for other countries will be added as soon as they are officially announced.

Hong Kong - 11 August 2005
    Thailand - 11 August 2005
    South Korea - 18 August 2005
    Taiwan - 19 August 2005
    Malaysia - 24 november 2005 ?
    France - 8 February 2006
    Sweden - February 2006 ?
    UK - 24 March 2006
    Japan - Spring 2006
    USA - 31 december 2006 ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One thing I noticed in the trailer was a photo of the "boy King" of Thailand (who's no longer a boy) dressed in a military uniform.

The first time I saw that photo, it covered a good part of a movie screen in Bangkok ... which is where I was when I saw "Return of the Dragon" for the first time. I remember the photo flashing on the screen with military-like music playing in the background ... and a lady I was with urging me to stand, which I did. Didn't know it until later but it was the King's picture, they were playing the Thai national anthem, and guards in the theater arrested anyone who didn't stand for the King (and the anthem).

BTW, theaters in Bangkok when I was there were showplaces ... clean, quiet, with comfortable seating (and air-conditioned). And, a lot of the snack food was similar to that found in U.S. theaters at the time. I wish more theaters in the U.S. today were like them.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if you could even consider going as far as "The Next Jackie chan" but from the trailer it definately look's like a movie i would want to see.. even if i have to get it from overseas 8) look's Kick @$$!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Certainly not the NEXT Jackie Chan. In my opinion he is way more realistic with his art; has a style of fighting that is not often seen on film and what looks to be more brutal and his stunts more eye popping. Times are a changing i suppose. Respect to Jackie though.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ong Bak is mental, I'm suprised he didn't kill himself or badly main a stuntman making the film.

Buddha says that, while he may show you the way, only you can truly save yourself, proving once and for all that he's a lazy, fat bastard.
    Quote Quote