VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to add subtitles to an AVI file. Whenever I use VirtualDub to do so, the end result is desync between the Video-Audio-Subtitles streams, so I tried to use AVI-Mux Gui. Note I am only trying to add subtitles to the AVI file, and nothing else.

Regarding AVI-Mux GUI, I don't understand the application. I have loaded the AVI file and then added the subtitles file, but after Playing the new AVI file it created, I saw no subtitles (either with windows media player or on my DVD).
    AVI-Mux GUI tells me that a subtitles stream does exist however, but not while playing the AVI, so I am guessing the subs are stored in the file for later extraction but not while playing the AVI file?????????

Are there any other applications that know how to add subtitles to an AVI file (and leave it as AVI) which are not VirtualDub?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you want to hard encode subs. AVIMuxGUI does not do this since it is a muxing app only, not encoding. The subs will however playback fine via directvobsub, etc.

AVISynth, however you still need an encoding app and in order to keep the audio you would have to demux and remux since AVISynth would decode it.

Maybe you should just use VirtualDubMod instead since you have VBR mp3 audio. However didn't I already suggest that in another thread?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The problem was solved by using VirtualDubMod, so thanks for the suggestion. Everything was insync
    Quote Quote