VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there!

Okay, before I start I wanted to make clear that I have already searched the forum for this, and that I am aware of the fact that it has been discussed here several times. But there never has been any solution for it, the threads always seem to end with the sentence "it's still out of sync", which brings me to my problem:

When I encode VOB files from DVDs with 5.1 sound with ffmpeg (mencoder doesn't support AC3 5.1, does it), the audio or video is out of sync. Also, the delay is always the same, no matter which bitrate I use for the sound. Well, that's the thing now...

Please help, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

sorry, have I been impolite? Please answer, still having the same problems. Or does 0.0.9t solve the problem?

Cheers, Martin.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try using "Passthrough" as audio codec with "mencoder DivX" and/or with "ffmpeg DivX".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not to come off sounding like a prick, but why don't you use AutoGK?

It has to be the best and stable app for DVD to AVI.

Ops! Didn't know this was MAC

Quote Quote  
  5. This is a Mac OSX forum.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have tried "passthrough". With ffmpeg-engine the out-of-sync problems are the same. Weird thing is: Sound seems to start playback anew when shuffling forward using MPlayer OSX (each version). When I just let it play, the out-of-sync is also there, though. VLC playback of sound doesn't work at all.
    mencoder-engine transforms 5.1 to stereo when using "passthrough" automatically.

Still using 0.0.9s. Do the enigines in t work differently?

Cheers, Martin.

PS: Do I need to register "t" again?

[EDIT] PPS: Tried it with 0.0.9t Trial: Same effect exactly. Can anyone confirm this? Virtually any .VOB file, be it one DVD chapter extracted with MacTheRipper, Preselect DivX or XviD ffmpeg, Audio Passtrough (if source is 5.1), or Audio AC3 5.1.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

just wanted to let you know, that the problem is still there.

Can anyone confirm this? I know of many people in the past who had the same problems. Did you solve them? Major, are you not having the problems when encoding 5.1 sound avis?

Cheers, Martin.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm researching about sound sync for MP4 H264. About other formats, I advise to check if 0.0.9s worked, so as I can track which differences may be relevant. 0.0.9s can be found at http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ffmpegX_0.0.9s.dmg
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    0.0.0s didn't work either. Exactly the same problem. Only AC3 5.1 target files. Only engine even generating true 5.1 is ffmpeg, so source is always VOB. No matter what bitrate.

Cheers, Martin.
    Quote Quote