VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    since this is not newbies section anymore (i think it's complex now - i am learning ), i moved some parts of these topic from the newbies section. please help!!! I really need this..

--------------------------------------

How will I make an AVCD with menus? Some recording artists in our country sells Audio VCDs - how do they do that? Is it also possible that it has menus that also links to the Audio part of the AVCD?

I would like to test out Audio VCDs in my band's indie album. thanks!

Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    I had WinOnCD on an older machine. Once I moved it to a new machine, it started in with a bunch of bugs, so there may be some OS incompatibilities there (Win9x vs. XP). Don't have time to sort that out right now, but later on I'll set up a swappable boot partition to get it working right on its own.

Anyway, try this (for my example to work):

1. Create your 704x480 (or 640x480) still pictures in Photoshop, etc. save as BMP.
    2. Get your 3 wav files together (should be 16bit, 44100Hz, stereo, LPCM)
    3. Get VCDEasy.
    4. Use Still picture encoder in the Tools section of that app to convert the 4 (Menu + 3 audio-accompanying-stills) BMPs to MPG (might use MPV or M2V extension, etc)
    5. Get TMPGEnc.
    6. Convert 3 WAV files to MP2 audio-only files (elementary stream, NOT muxed system stream)--should be Mpeg1Layer2, 44100Hz, stereo, ~224kbps.
    7. Using MPEG tools section of that app, Demultiplex the stills to their elementary video (M1V) and then Multiplex (as MPG1 VideoCD) together still picture with audio (MP2). You can try either the low rez or hi rez or both. Get new MPG.
    8. Back in VCDEasy, set up type of disc as VCD 2.0 with PBC interactivity. Import menu MPG and 3 newly-muxed clip MPGs. All should be SEGMENT ITEMS (unchecked), not SEQUENCE ITEMS.
    9. Link up the way you want them to with the menu. For now, COMPLETELY IGNORE the Redbook tracks--concentrate only on making a standard-type VCD.
    10. Notice in the ISO tab that VCDEasy has already created that additional "Disclaimer Video" sequence item for you. It does so automatically when you import only SEGMENT ITEMS into a VCD 2.0/PBC disc.
    11. Add whatever additional files you may desire (autorun, documentation, etc) and create a disc image (Burn to BIN/CUE)
    12. Open up cue in text editor or CDRCUE, etc. and now add the 3 WAV files as 3 additional tracks at the end. Make sure to include 2 second PostGap on end of MPEG track (if it's not there already) and a 3 second PreGap on 1st of 3 wav tracks, with 2 second PreGap on subsequent tracks. That'll make it more conformant with mixed mode specs and be more compatible with players. Save Cue.
    13. Burn the BIN/CUE. Done.
    Cornucopia, so far - thanks a lot! you've been a big help...Though these are my questions on your instructions. I finished making the AVCD, haven't burned it yet though.

Note: I'm at a net shop - so I can't bring the AVCD i finished. :P

I had WinOnCD on an older machine. Once I moved it to a new machine, it started in with a bunch of bugs, so there may be some OS incompatibilities there (Win9x vs. XP). Don't have time to sort that out right now, but later on I'll set up a swappable boot partition to get it working right on its own.
    I have also acquired WinOn CD 6 Power Edition - i don't get how to use it to make an interactive AVCD. help. please :P

7. Using MPEG tools section of that app, Demultiplex the stills to their elementary video (M1V) and then Multiplex (as MPG1 VideoCD) together still picture with audio (MP2). You can try either the low rez or hi rez or both. Get new MPG.
    what setting will I preferably use? it has two settings when I would demux it, the larger or the smaller picture? (though I used the larger picture in what i made so far)

9. Link up the way you want them to with the menu. For now, COMPLETELY IGNORE the Redbook tracks--concentrate only on making a standard-type VCD.
    umm..but the menu of the AVCD i'm making has links to the Audio part of the AVCD - do i still ignore the Redbook (i still don't get this term though - is it the Audio part?)?

10. Notice in the ISO tab that VCDEasy has already created that additional "Disclaimer Video" sequence item for you. It does so automatically when you import only SEGMENT ITEMS into a VCD 2.0/PBC disc.
    where is this Disclamer Video? i didn't saw it :P is it because i'm using the last free edition of VCDEasy?

12. Open up cue in text editor or CDRCUE, etc. and now add the 3 WAV files as 3 additional tracks at the end. Make sure to include 2 second PostGap on end of MPEG track (if it's not there already) and a 3 second PreGap on 1st of 3 wav tracks, with 2 second PreGap on subsequent tracks. That'll make it more conformant with mixed mode specs and be more compatible with players. Save Cue.
    huh? I don't get this part. I saw tracks after tracks in my notepad when i opened the cue. How will I enable it to be played in an CD-DA Player? can you please give an example how to edit it, so that i would understand more

please help. thanks!

Ais

Edit: I've tried to play the audio part of the image (using Alcohol) in my winamp - it doesn't play. instead some static sounds are playing.help!!!

how will I edit this? (finally bought a net card to connect here at home )
    Code:
    FILE "C:\Ais\DVD Images\AVCD\AKFG.bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
      TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 00:09:33
        INDEX 01 00:11:33
        INDEX 02 04:18:33
        INDEX 03 10:00:63
        INDEX 04 15:20:40
        INDEX 05 19:13:09
        INDEX 06 22:59:57
        INDEX 07 27:20:50
      TRACK 03 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 32:55:70
        INDEX 01 32:57:70
      TRACK 04 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 37:45:05
        INDEX 01 37:47:05
      TRACK 05 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 41:46:20
        INDEX 01 41:48:20
      TRACK 06 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 46:25:05
        INDEX 01 46:27:05
      TRACK 07 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 50:10:61
        INDEX 01 50:12:61
      TRACK 08 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 56:29:67
        INDEX 01 56:31:67
      TRACK 09 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 59:10:27
        INDEX 01 59:12:27
      TRACK 10 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 63:31:37
        INDEX 01 63:33:37
      TRACK 11 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 67:40:73
        INDEX 01 67:42:73
      TRACK 12 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 71:36:54
        INDEX 01 71:38:54
      TRACK 13 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 75:52:49
        INDEX 01 75:54:49
    please help me...our band really needs it :P thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi zeldAIS,

Originally Posted by zeldAIS
    How will I make an AVCD with menus? Some recording artists in our country sells Audio VCDs - how do they do that? Is it also possible that it has menus that also links to the Audio part of the AVCD?
    The only way to author a AVCD with menus that are linked to audio tracks is to use another VCD authoring program than VCDEasy because VCDEasy doesn't support linking menus to audio tracks. A AVCD is actually a standard VCD with audio tracks so the only requirements for authoring a AVCD with menus that are linked to audio tracks is to use a VCD authoring program that fully supports the VCD2.0 spec.

The only VCD authoring program that in my oppinion fully supports the VCD2.0 spec is philips videocd toolkit and this is also the only VCD authoring program that I'm using when authoring VCD's with interactive menus. My suggestion is however to use VCDEasy when authoring AVCD's because VCDEasy is much easier to use than philips videocd toolkit.

vcd4ever.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vcd4ever
    The only VCD authoring program that in my oppinion fully supports the VCD2.0 spec is philips videocd toolkit and this is also the only VCD authoring program that I'm using when authoring VCD's with interactive menus. My suggestion is however to use VCDEasy when authoring AVCD's because VCDEasy is much easier to use than philips videocd toolkit.
    I don't get this part. i would author the AVCD using VCDEasy - then when will i use philips videocd toolkit? umm...can it really link to the audio part of the AVCD?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi zeldAIS,

The only difference between a AVCD that has been authored with Philips VideoCD Toolkit and a AVCD that has been authored with VCDEasy is that the AVCD that has been authored with Philips VideoCD Toolkit has a folder named CDDA.

The CDDA folder is required by the VCD2.0 spec when authoring VCD's with audio tracks because the CDDA folder is used when playing audio tracks from a menu.

The only solution to this problem is to use a VCD authoring program that fully supports the VCD2.0 spec when authoring VCD's with audio tracks.

The only VCD authoring program that I have found that fully supports the VCD2.0 spec and can author VCD's with interactive menus that works on CD-i players, VCD players and DVD players is Philips VideoCD Toolkit.

My suggestion is still that you should use VCDEasy when authoring AVCD's because VCDEasy is much easier to use than Philips VideoCD Toolkit, but if you want to author a AVCD that works in CD-i players, VCD players and DVD players then use Philips VideoCD Toolkit.

vcd4ever.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I concur with vcd4ever.

zeldAIS, what you may not be getting is that, barring using the Philips VCDToolkit, you'll have to be menuing to duplicate/compressed files. WinOnCD and VideoPak are the only other apps that I know of that even allow inclusion of the original Redbook/uncompressed audio files as audio tracks, but unless I'm mistaken, you can't reference them in a VCD menu with those apps--only VCDToolkit. And you don't want to deal with that app unless you REALLY have to. So my suggestion is to make compressed duplicates, and ref them instead. Small price to pay.

BTW, you did get my last response on the old thread?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Scott and vcd4ever,

TQ to both of you, because helping me to sort out the problem as in my post:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=244363

Right now, I know how to create a hot spot with xml. The tedious part is to get its position right on the place. Anyway, it just means more trial out.

As for myself further learning, I feel interested in making a AVCD as quoted by zeldAIS by using Philip VCDtools kit?

Do you know of any websites that publish a good tutorial on how to use the Philip VCDtool kits?

I am much appreciate your help.

TQ
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've made a step-by-step tutorial with images. Just click here.
    Quote Quote