VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Launch of 'mid-air' video display 'hits' website

LONDON — IO2 Technology launched a display which projects video images onto thin air, earlier this week, but such has been the demand for information about the display that the company’s website was unavailable, when this story was first posted.

http://www.eet.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=169400622

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A couple of years ago I very cool saw a demo of video that was projected
    onto a fog waterfall of liquid nitrogen(I think) vapors.

I wonder if this might be something like that?

mikel

Search Comp PM
    I downloaded a couple of the avi demos --- one with a wristwatch rotating around in mid-air, and one with a tank (the gun looked like it was going to burst out of the screen!). They look *really* cool, although they are two dimensional images rather than 3-D holograms. Supposedly you can see the image if you stand either in front of or in back of the projector, but not from the sides. And you can control the image by putting your hand in the video stream!

The technology supposedly has something to do with "ionizing" the air. The pictures are about as vivid as the first generation rear-projection TV images were, and look best in subdued light. Turbulence (wind) is supposed to screw up the images

Pretty impressive, nevertheless. Shades of Star Wars, Star Trek holodecks, and about a zillion other scifi tales out there.
    "I'm sick of paying for dinner and being served cowshit, while they give the bums eating out of the garbage my meal."
    --- D. P. Smith

4. Originally Posted by Timoleon
    Pretty impressive, nevertheless. Shades of Star Wars, Star Trek holodecks, and about a zillion other scifi tales out there.
    La Femme Nikita

Search Comp PM
    old news - i posted this a week ago

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277089
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)