VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The only Dreambox affordable solution in your case then, is DM600.
    Or, a DM800, that also receives HD channels. The problem is that the images for the dreamboxes need 1 year to became good enough even for the basic things. DM600 is less than a year in the market and DM800 just arrived in the market.

Duolab's Q-Box is a modified DM500 with 2 Card readers (there are Diablo Cams), 2 USB ports (so you can add an external USB HDD and turn it to PVR), build in contoler to add a 2.5" HDD, and ethernet. You can add a second tuner and make it also DVB-T. And they have a dealer in Romania, so it is obvious that they gonna make it work with the Dolce NDS cards, if they don't work already with the Diablo CAMs.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SatStorm
    The only Dreambox affordable solution in your case then, is DM600.
    Or, a DM800, that also receives HD channels. The problem is that the images for the dreamboxes need 1 year to became good enough even for the basic things. DM600 is less than a year in the market and DM800 just arrived in the market.

Duolab's Q-Box is a modified DM500 with 2 Card readers (there are Diablo Cams), 2 USB ports (so you can add an external USB HDD and turn it to PVR), build in contoler to add a 2.5" HDD, and ethernet. You can add a second tuner and make it also DVB-T. And they have a dealer in Romania, so it is obvious that they gonna make it work with the Dolce NDS cards, if they don't work already with the Diablo CAMs.
    So the DM600 should work with DOLCE card if I buy a Diablo CAM? The Q-box contains also the CAM? Can you point me to the manufacturer site of the Q-Box as on the Duolabs site there is nothing like this? I appreciate your help as it seems nobody else is willing to give the proper advice!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DM600 and DM800 have one card reader. Those receivers with the proper firmware (image) and the correct plug in (Evocamd for example), can work with NDS cards, including the Dolce ones (as it is reported in various forums. I just pass the info, you have to search further yourself for this). DM600 is a standard definition receiver, DM800 is a HD receiver. Both are new so the images for them are in beta stage. Keep in mind that. In both cases, you can add a 2.5 HD or connect an external USB HD and make them PVR

Duolabs Q-Box One is a new Dreambox-like receiver, with 2 embedded card readers. The correct firmware transform those 2 Card Readers to Diablo CAMs. Those are by default NDS compatible. QBox One is manufactured in Italy. It's going to have huge support, since Duolabs is behind it. The cost is about 250 euro. TQBox has a great future. It can became a PVR too, same way DM600 and 800 does.

On all cases, you just get one of those receivers, flash them with the correct firmware and with the correct plug ins and you just put the NDS card to the card reader.

A second alternative is to buy a Diablo or a Dragon CAM and use whatever DVB receiver you wish with one C.I.

The third alternative is one SkyStar2 card, ProgDVB, a phoenix smartmouse and the correct NDS plugin.

There are also some Dreambox 500 chinese clones out there. Those cost around 100 euros and you can use the Dreambox 500 images on them (except the later Gemini ones, 3.40 or later). By using those clones (inet300 for example) and the correct image and plug in, you can do your job. But, those DM500 clones can't be PVR. You can stream what the receiver gets to your PC and save it there. But that means that you have a PC and a LAN network.

The reason I'm able to help you, has to do with the fact that I'm from Balkans too (I'm Greek), so I know about those things. West Europeans (with few exceptions from Germany) don't know and don't care to learn about those things. Since the majority of the posters in this forum are from USA, Australia and U.K it is natural that they can't help you in detail.

And to tell you the true, this forum and me personally can't help you further on this subject, without touching grey or "nasty" areas. You have to google for further infos. There are many dedicated forums out there, capable to help you much more on this that this one here!
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you again! You've been so kind and provide me with more data than my fellow romanians on some other forums! Now I have enough data to take next steps in solving my problem. THe QBOX sounds very attractive, I have to search to see what other experienced people said about its performances and reliability. One more question for you: if I have two tuners (connected the same antenna and LNB) I should have two cards inserted in two CAMs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. One card work for both tuners.

And there is also something called "Home Card Sharing". A total legal (in most countries) thing, which is the reason Dreambox and dreambox-like receivers became so popular the last years.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hehe, well said, SatStorm.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mihaimihai
    [I saw you are based in Greece and using Hellas satellite. I am using a DTH service (named DOLCE) provided here in Romania by Romtelecom which is owned by OTE. Of course, is using the Hellas satellite and Videoguard encryption and officially it cannot be received with other receivers than the ones sold by the provider. Can I use a Dreambox (I am very interested in using a PVR enabled receiver) with one of the CAMs you mentioned in your post?
    I can strongly recommend an Arion AF9300PVR with a Dragon/T-Rex CAM for your purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have situation that I need new satellite receiver, because my old Nokia mediamaster 9902S is allmost broken. I have allready Viasat nordic card in my nokia. I'm going to also get new canal digital nordic card, because I'm interested some HDTV stuff from canal. My problem is, is there receiver what can do HDTV, Viasat, Conax?

What are my choises?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Viasat is NDS.
    Canal Digital is Conax

So: You need a HD receiver that has 2 C.I. with a Dragon CAM for NDS and Conax Cam for Conax.

OR: A HD receiver with 2 U.C.A.S.

I don't see many alternatives: AB IPbox, Dreambox 8000....
    And since you are from Finland, search for: On Lien LN 6060HD.

IMO, it is cheaper to get the official HD receiver of Canal Digital and have 2 recievers, one for Canal Digital and one for Viasat.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lumikki
    I have situation that I need new satellite receiver, because my old Nokia mediamaster 9902S is allmost broken. I have allready Viasat nordic card in my nokia. I'm going to also get new canal digital nordic card, because I'm interested some HDTV stuff from canal. My problem is, is there receiver what can do HDTV, Viasat, Conax?

What are my choises?
    You happy camper!

Anyone experience with this one?
    http://www.kjaerulff1.com/catid.200/pid.999/173.aspx
    Only SD, but........
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very new with this stuff, so did not understand everyting.

Not sure, if I could even find Viasat receiver from Finland. The Viasat receiver situation in Finland is very bad, because shops does not even seem to sell them anymore. These are Viasat approved HD-receivers.

- PACE TDS850NV HDPVR
    - Samsung DSB-H670N

Dreambox 8000 isn't availlable yet. I did find AB-Com IPBox 9000 HD from Finlands shops. IPBox 9000 has 2 x Common Interface (CI) and 2 x smartcard reader (conax?). IPBox 9000 has 2 x DVB-S2 tuner, can they be controled separated, so that one controll DiSEqC 1.2 motor and other DiSEqC 1.0 switch.

Also this was interesting receiver: Fortec Star Passion HDTV. It has only 2 x CI and no smartcard readers, but people in the net liked it. With two CAM, it could also work fine.

Okey what I don't understand is this CAM and smartcard reader relations. I assume, I can just put the canal digital card to smartcard reader, if smartcard reader is conax based, but what about the Viasat card. Is this correct CAM for Viasat?

Dragon CAM/T.REX (Rev 4.1) + Loader Card

Also founded other CAM's, any of these usefull in here Finland?

- Diablo Cam Light ver. 2.3
    - T-REX SUPERMODUL 4.6 Inxtc TV and XPlus
    - CONAX CI-MODULE VERSIO 5,0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which smartcards/abos do you have?

Forget the DM8000!!!! It will not come beforew Xmas 2008.
    Grab the Vantage 8000, out within 3 weeks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Lumikki
    If you´re looking for an HD receiver I would suggest you take a look at the Homecast HS 8100 CIPVR. If your satisfied with an SD receiver, then I´ll strongly recommend my own Arion AF 9300PVR. Both are twin receivers and work perfectly with Viasat and a Dragon/T-Rex module and with Canal Digital with a Conax module.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Can any one help,

I have a Foxsat HDR recorder after upgrading from topup TV, there are a few channels I am missing and can;t seem to get via the box, I've seen the "White" Sky freeview cards for £10 - £20 which offers some of the extra channels, but don't under stand what all the CAMs are about as I'm completeley new to satellite,

Can anyone advise what Cam I need to work on my Humax box with the freetoair Sky cards ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    t-rex is only another ac clone. so what?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sell your Humax and buy a REAL and modern DVB receiver.

CAMS are so yesterday. And I have years to test them if they still work with Sky Digital.
    Nowdays, you can buy any Linux firmware based receiver and patch the card reader (usually conax) with the correct image so to accept the current NDS cards.

On the other hand, Freesat boxes are not bad for the FTA channels and old sky digiboxes are OK for both the Freesat channels and the Freeview ones (sky3, etc...). And they are cheap too.
    Quote Quote