VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A friend bought a DZ-MV208E DVD camcorder but it didn't come with any software.

1st problem,
    He plugs the camera into the PC via USB but there aren't any drivers included with the camera so XP won't recognise the camera.

2nd problem,
    To get around the cable problem he put the RAM disc into his Pioneer 109 and was able to copy the video files to the PC. Unfortunately the copied files can't be opened as they are in some sort of UDF format.

Contact with Hitachi Australia has been totally fruitless.

Can anyone please provide some advice/help about what to do ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the camera have a Firewire output? USB is generally for still frames and webcasting low quality output. You would need a Firewire computer card also. XP, at least SP1 or higher should then recognize the camera automatically. (Most of the time. )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No firewire. Just USB and it's only 1.1 at that.

The better way to go is putting the RAM disc in the PC but we're not sure how to make the data on the disc usable because of the UDF thing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, apparently it doesn't have Firewire. I think you need a DVD drive that can read DVD RAM discs. I don't believe the Pioneer 109 does.

I think these are the USB drivers, though: http://dvdcam-pc.support.hitachi.ca/en/download/dl.asp
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. The only downloads we've been able to find so far have only been driver updates. We'll see how this one goes.

109 does read RAM
    http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/computer/dvdwriters/dvr109/index.html#anch_0
    Quote Quote  
  6. rgrguitar
    Search Comp PM
    I am having the same problem. my camere DZ-BX35E also came from australia and I cant transfer the stuff on the disc to the computer because of the coding, there is no type of usb or firewire hookup, I have to go directly from disc to computer. HOW do I do this ?
    Quote Quote