VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i wonder if there's anyway to burn a DVD with 2 subtitles file? can u plz plz show me how can i do that? i have one movie (.avi) with subtitle file(.srt) in English, now i want to translate it into French and burn into DVD with 2 subtitles option, can u please let me know how can i do that? thanks alot!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Edit and translate the srt with notepad...or download subs from www.extratitles.to or www.babelfish.altavista.com to french.

Convert to dvd with avi2dvd, diko, thefilmmachine
    or the latest divxtodvd, it supports subs...not sure if it supports more than one sub though.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1293730#1293730
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Acctually, in case of serveral DivX Certified Player, you just put the avi and subtitles in the same folder and it will be switchable.

For my case I put: Name.avi; name.english.srt; name.vietnamese.srt

Anyway, the subtitles might look small and languages other than English can be displayed wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The key is authoring.
    Convert your AVI like any other AVI.
    and then use an advanced authoring software (TMPGENC DVD Author doesn't work).

Most of them are expansive, if you want the free alternative, use DVDauthor (Gui for DVDAuthor or DVDAuthorGUI).

You just need the add the subtitle when you add the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by qknet
    Acctually, in case of serveral DivX Certified Player, you just put the avi and subtitles in the same folder and it will be switchable.

For my case I put: Name.avi; name.english.srt; name.vietnamese.srt

Anyway, the subtitles might look small and languages other than English can be displayed wrong.
    This Idea worked for me and worked good too, except that the subtitles are displayed above the black bar, this covers the screen too much....is there a way to edit the .srt subtitles so that they appear on the black bar itself..........can you help.
    C2D 6300@3.21Ghz|Vista Ultimate x64|P5B-Dlx Wifi|Transcend 4 GB 800 Mhz|XFX 8800GT 512 MB Alpha Dog Edition|Samsung 19" 940BW|1.5 TeraByte Storage|ASUS SATA DVDRW|Altec Lansing ATP5|APC 800 Smart UPS.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I've tried to play an AVi with Vietnamese subtitle in BSplayer, but I only see weird signs.
    did someone succeed to display VN-se subs in BSplayer ?

thnx
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Select the right codepage too...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could you tell me how to do that exactky Chang ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDlab lets you add more than one sub (*.sub;*.srt;*.ssa;*.son;*.sst). Just under the movie and audio when you add it to the timeline. You can have more than one audio and also more than one sub. It doesn't show 2 right away so just add the first one and the second option will be visible when you return to that panel. After you add 2 you can add a third and so on if you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah heck.......

I didn't notice someone (333) resurrected an old topic and asked a totally different question

Oh well you win some you lose some.

btw) that old subtitle link from Baldrick is now parked.
    Quote Quote