VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    Are you aware of the fact that this thread is 5 years old?
    Just like our devices!

I can't get the program working on detecting the hard disk fom my RH255, any help?
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by csign View Post
    ps. The operating system of the RH7X00 is VxWorks which has a doslike filesystem called vxext fs. Linux has a driver for it.
    Where could I find info and software for vxWorks filesystem?
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I successfully created an image file ( .dd) of the whole drive by using TestDisk for windows.
    I was also able to extract all MPEG files from it using Photorec, but I'm now in trouble: I have some MPEG files some GBs large, but each one contains DOZENS of DIFFERENT clips from different movies!!
    Somewhere in the disk there should be a map of file chunks; any clue about where it could be? Where do I find specs for this filesystem?
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have a LG RH7800. Well to be precise it's a INO3(i) DVDHDR-55i. I changed the hard drive from the original 160GB to a 250GB after a while and I was completely unsuccesful when I tried to fetch the video files on the original hard drive. Mostly I use Linux and the drive wasn't visible with the tools I normally use there. The same result in Windows as well. So I put the drive aside. Now I have changed to a 500 GB drive and I thought it was time to give this task another go. I found the tool that I mentioned above.
    I hooked up my DVDR drive as a second hard drive, started the program and saved what it found to a USB drive. Perfect! All the video files are .vro and they can be played as they are in Linux. Not so in Windows, but I guess it's rather easy to convert them.
    File names looks about like this: "1111182334 TITLE 15.vro" and so on.
    I had no problem to install a 500 GB drive in the recorder, but the drive had to be set to cable select. A short installation episode occured when I fired up, then the player was all set.
    I hope this can be of help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Taklas View Post
    Go to http://www.ifndef.altervista.org/index_eng.html
    Use From_hdd_lg_to_pc v1.12 to make a copy of your DVDR hard drive.
    Unfortunately it's not compatible with my model, as confirmed by the author.
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry about that!
    I found the suggestion here:
    http://forum.recordere.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=89165&PN=2&title=fra-optagelse-til-computeren

I can see that there seems to be a dead end there too, when it comes to certain LG versions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Annoying.
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  8. Luis G
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. I need your help on a different, tough similar, subject. Does anyone knows how to replace the dvd player / burner in a RH387H? Which one should I use? I've just started a thread on this subject. I hope I didn't disturb anyone. Thanks.
    Last edited by particular002; 19th Oct 2012 at 22:28. Reason: Ortographic failures / typos
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Taklas View Post
    Go to http://www.ifndef.altervista.org/index_eng.html
    Use From_hdd_lg_to_pc v1.12 to make a copy of your DVDR hard drive.
    Sorry to bump this old topic, but I'm trying hard to get the content from my RH7900 Seagate disk. Using this tool I get the message it can't find any LG disk. Windows Computer Management (and BIOS) detects it, but has it as a RAW disk. Recovery tools I tried so far can't seem to see/detect a RAW disk. I also tried my CentOS 5 live cd, but I need to enter a file system when I want to mount the disk (apparently it's vxext and from what I've read so far, I'd need to load a driver for that or something...).

Question for now is, how do people use the from-lg-to-hdd tool if it's a RAW disk in Windows??

EDIT:
    An interesting post concerning this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/217413-LG-DVD-Recorder-Hard-disk-Upgrade?p=1393258&...=1#post1393258
    Originally Posted by csign View Post
    You could just image the complete harddisk.

dd if=/dev/(old_harddisk) of=image_harddisk

dd if=image_harddisk of=/dev/(new_harddisk)

It should work if the filesystem doesn't have some foo to bind it to a particular recorder which i doubt is true outside some bought divx's

ps. The operating system of the RH7X00 is VxWorks which has a doslike filesystem called vxext fs. Linux has a driver for it.
    EDIT:
    And another interesting thread, but alas without resolution:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/564061-cloning-hard-drive-unknown-operating...1#post11275183
    Last edited by rguich; 21st Sep 2016 at 04:36.
    Quote Quote