VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there any tools or tips/tricks to take an audio (it was a Camtasia recording which now is an AVI) that ended up in 8.000 sampling rate, to have it in 15.000 sampling rate? I'd really prefer not to re-record the entire segment. Can I convert it somehow? Virtual Dub won't allow me to join this AVI to the rest and it kind of leaves me hanging... everything would be smooth sailing except for this little snag.

Any suggestions??

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity (freeware) should be able to upsample the audio (as should any other audio editor you may have handy). Use virtualdub to demux the audio track so you can alter it, then to put it back afterward.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I have Audacity (just downloaded it a few hours ago) but I haven't a clue of which change I need to make. The search in Help wasn't much useful. I don't know if I'm working with set rate and set sample format. I'll dig around for guides.

Also I checked out your (guns1inger) AVI resize tool (from you sig). Two questions of whether I need this tool: would this help with aspect ratio calculations (choosing 4:3 aspect ratio still results in parts being cut off on some TVs)... and, more importantly, you spoke of using a filter to reduce the "softened" image.

The terminology is new but I certainly notice that my AVI is not as sharp once I burn it to DVD. Are you saying I can correct this? So I just seach for Unsharp Mask Filter, find the program, download it, but then where in the grand-scheme of making the DVD to I run it??

Thanks for the help. It's well appreciated.
    Quote Quote