VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I authored my SVCD like I always have... encoded in TMPEGenc using the standard film SVCD template with the external Lame encoder for audio. The resulting mpg plays fine (with audio) in VLC. I authored and burned my SVCD in VCDeasy, no menu, three chapters.

Why is it that my resulting SVCD has no audio??

Specifically, the SVCD I authored plays fine but without audio on all my standalone players as well as my PC. Also, I have not had a problem creating VCDs in the same manner.

Yes, I have changed many things on the PC since I authored my last SVCD. In fact, I think it is by now a completely new PC. And the version of VCDeasy is newer. I am now using the latest freeware version instead of one a few versions back from that. Is this a known bug or have I set something up wrong?

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  2. maybe your input audio has a sampling rate of 48kHz but your standalones only accept the official SVCD standard (44.1kHz). don't know if TMPGEnc has some kind of SSRC feature as i always use CCE but you might want to check. if your audio is 48kHz, use BeSweet or so to resample it.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am prety sure the audio is 44.1, but I will double-check it. The VCD (from the same source files) plays just fine.

Darryl
    Quote Quote