VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. ONE of these days, I just may get it to work correctly, at least it gives others some laughs to read.

I rename all of my files to be encoded to simple names, like instead of Gundam Seed Destiny 01.avi, I'll just make it destiny01.avi.

As for output, I have destiny01.mpg, destiny01.m2v, and destiny01.mp2 in the directory. When I open the mpg file in Zoom player, or ANY player, it's off-sync. Pretty much right from the start. If I DON'T do pulldown, it'll work as an mpg with no delay, but that leaves it at 23.98fps....... bad.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Well to start off, my AVS is on-sync.
    I did it with CCE (because of speed, bouhaha). It turned out perfectly as an MPG.

Now I'm doing it with FFMPEG.. I'll tell you the result.

This is strange... Hey, did you try reinstalling the Xvid/Divx codec? =\\\\\

btw. it has been like my 10th time watching episode 1. god, the cutted-out arm at 3min still freak me out. hahahaha.

anyway ill tell you the result. =\\\.

-----------
    RESULT:

It works! Perfectly!

Try the latest version. =\.
    Hey.. I just realized that.. FFMPEG is friggin fast. =|.
    Anyway, it works, and perfectly! =\, with no mofication to the batch except the paths.

So.. It's either your computer (I don't think it's your computer), or software-related (Yep). =\..

Now i'm doing it with Quenc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,
    First, I have to say great guide! Been using it for a while and it took a long time, but I got every episode of Naruto on DVD! Though I'm probably going to go back and re-do a couple of DVD's.. but that's besides the point. Great stuff!

Now here's my problem.. I have a video that's 19fps for some reason (episode 24 of One Piece), I didn't even notice there being a problem with it until I played it in the DVD player and the sound was out of synch, and when I tried to make the DVD again I noticed the files clocked in at 19 mins which is totally wrong.

Anyways, is there a way to get it to the right frame rate so I can apply the pulldown properly?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    19 fps. Really? What fansubber is that? Is it Kaizoku-Fansubs? =\\\.

Well, we gotta find a compatible frame-rate.
    Generate the batch but don't start the conversion.

Instead, open the AVS File with Notepad.
    Before the ConvertTo[...] Line, add
    ChangeFPS(23.976)

and play it. If it's still chunky (is that a word? I think it's a soup), try replacing 23.976 by 29.970.

If not, try 25.

See if one of these helps.
    If none of them helps, I'm afraid you may have to use TMPGENC (eeeeh!!). Just for that episode, tho. I guess it will render out fine. CCE isn't to smart about the subject, QUENC neither I think. FFMPEG might understand and try to work it off, but I still recommend TMPGENC for super-strange matters like that.

Anyway try the AVS thing first.

and hmmm... thanks for the comments (wohoo! another satisfied err,.. reader? haha).

--
    edit
    --
    hahahhaa my bad I forgot to tell you what to do if it worked with the Avisynth.
    If it's 23.976 => Apply Pulldown, reply to this topic so I don't have to worry and search for a correct answer
    If it's 25 => Reply to this topic so that I can tell you the solution
    If it's 29.970 => Don't apply pulldown, and reply to this topic blablabla.

:O!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You the man Aktee!

Those commands to the avs helped, loaded up the AVS into CCE and it had the proper running time, looks like it's all good, thank you!

I changed the FPS to 23.976, at first I thought it looked like it was running all chunky, but I compared it to the original AVI (btw, it is Kaizoku Fansub) and the episode always seemed to run that way apparently.. but whatever, this works!

Here's to hoping for no more problems, got just about 6 seasons worth of this bastard to burn

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOHOO! I looove hearing that line =D

One piece is at.. 157 I think. Damn this anime rocks ahahha luffy is so funny.

anyway hmm, you could load it up with MediaInfo, and browse the whole directory. And just check those who don't have a proper FPs.

You can analyze 200 episode in 60 seconds. Ain't that neat! It will save you couples of DVD-R and couples of minutes. hehe.

anyway im glad it worked !

Now.. I just have to worry about Kodaikun who seems to be having a hard time. =\\.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MediaInfo huh? I'll be doing that as soon as I'm done with this reply!

I made a very small mistake, I had to set it to 29.970, when I loaded up the one that was 23.976 into CCE it showed up as 15 some minutes, which I swore loaded up as the correct time previously, but my bad. So I just skipped the pulldown part and all is good! =D

KF actually recently released Ep 158, lol and they barely mentioned it on their site, but it was there in the BT list. And yes, One Piece is GREAT! After seeing a few dubbed episodes out of curiosity I thought it out-right sucked.. but it was just the translation and dubbing (oh god... the dubbing... ) that out right sucked. Thank god for these Fansubs!

Anyway, sorry for going OT, but there you go and thanks again for the help and the advice, hope all goes well with Kodaikun.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Could it be????????

I actually got a set of eps converted and that stay in sync with the audio!!! Excuse me while I just drop dead from surprise..... I changed to bicubic, and that seemed to do the trick..... so far.

Anyway, before I go one more step, I want to ask....

What do you use for authoring DVDs? I don't want to burn any coasters now that I got this apparently working...... I won't be cheering until I actually have a working DVD playing on my tv!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For normal anime like that, I don't break my head off: I just use TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR.
    Simple and straighforward.

For OGM 2 audio 1 sub, I use DVDMaestro. Got it from ebay.

if you want a free authoring program, use DVDAuthor Gui.

You changed it to bicubic? that uses less processing power, that might be why..

anyawy gimme some news!
    Quote Quote  
  10. I can't *bleep*in' believe it..... IT WORKED!!!!! AAA!

Thanks Aktee! I finally got everything to work, and a playing DVD with no sound problems! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!

What a load off my shoulders.

Thanks again man, great stuff!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OH YEAH!!!!!

WOHOOO!

So just changing Lanczos to Bicubic fixed it all? =||||

That's strange. =||||.

But anyhoo i'm happy it works =DDD.
    If you got any more prob tell me =D
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Aktee,

I am having a slight problem with my Naruto DVDs.
    When I play them, every once in a while, the Audio will have a slight glitch (Pause) and then it carries on. I don't mind it, but it gets very annoying when it happens alot.

The Audio Bitrate is @ 128.
    Is that too low and is that why it is cauing the problem, or what.

I think I burnt it @ 4x, or maybe 8x.
    I am not sure.

If I did burn it @ 8x, then that could be the cause for the Audio Problem.
    But since you are the EXPERT, I know you will figure it out.

Thanks alot Buddy.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I always get problems burning at 8x.
    I always burn at 4.

But tell me, does that happens to all episode?
    It should not be happening.
    It's either because of the burning, the media used, or the conversion went bad (I doubt it's the last one).

You should try at lower speed.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Aktee, thank you very much for your guide it worked very well for me. So far I've done 20+ eps.

If you have some time to answer my bothersome questions:

1) I have a series that has some eps in 30.0 fps (not 29,97) and some are 24 fps (not 23,79). What could (should) I do in these cases?

2) I'm not an Avisynth expert, but why use ConvertToYUY2()? On the second time encoding I didn't use it and the conversion completed ok, but I couldn't notice any differences qualitywise.

3) When you use pulldown (23,97 -> 29,97), why isn't it needed that the audio is also adjusted using those "ota" in besweet?

4) About that Q-factor encoding thing, is it really better then 2-pass VBR? How come a 1 pass VBR can beat a 2 pass?

Well that's it, thanks again and congratulations for the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1) I have a series that has some eps in 30.0 fps (not 29,97) and some are 24 fps (not 23,79). What could (should) I do in these cases?

Hmm. I'm not so sure myself, I never found videos with those framerate.
    The only way to know is to test.
    In the AVS Script, add
    ChangeFPS(23.976)
    or
    ChangeFPS(29.970)

Play it with your media player, to see if it's smooth or not.. if it doesnt work, try with AssumeFPS, with the same settings (assumefps(23.976))

but I'm sure there's a different way of doing it. =l I just never tried. If these dont work, tell me, ill tell you my FTP info so you can upload it, and imma play with it =D.

2) I'm not an Avisynth expert, but why use ConvertToYUY2()? On the second time encoding I didn't use it and the conversion completed ok, but I couldn't notice any differences qualitywise.

When I did the guide, CCE couldn't decode YV12. From what you are saying, I think it decoding it now. haha.
    Simple put: CCE wasn't able to to decode YV12, so we had to convert it to YUY2.

3) When you use pulldown (23,97 -> 29,97), why isn't it needed that the audio is also adjusted using those "ota" in besweet?

To be honest: I don't know! It just works! hahaha.
    hehe. It's because of the Pulldown. Take a real 29.970 video, and open it with GSPOT.. And then, take a pulldowned video, and open it again with Gspot.
    You'll see that the real 29fps video, has a PIC/SEC of 29.970, while the Pulldowned one has a PIC/SEC pf 23.976.
    It just change how many frames it shows up per second, but doesn't change the lenght.. as far as I know..

4) About that Q-factor encoding thing, is it really better then 2-pass VBR? How come a 1 pass VBR can beat a 2 pass?

YES! Oh yeah.
    Even tho it's almost written the same, it is not. 1 pass VBR and 1st pass of VBR is not the same.
    It is
    1) Faster
    2) Higher Quality at low bitrates
    3) Smaller size.

you just got to experience yourself to see it. I guess there's alot of threads around explaining why it is better.
    CBR = Constant Bitrate
    VBR = Variable Bitrate
    CQ (1 pass vbr) = Constant Quality.
    It's called 1 pass VBR, because its only 1 pass, and it's VBR.. but instead of inputting the average bitrate, you put the quality you want (1 is the best).

That's it =D. Thanks for your comments, im really glad it works =DDD.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ChangeFPS(23.976)
    or
    ChangeFPS(29.970)
    This should be right after "avisource().. right? I'll experiment and let you know.

About the pulldown thing, it makes sense, since pulldown is fast I was thinking "it's not doing a full reenconde, just adjusting to show the video at 29".

About the CQ stuff do you think you might be trying this "field" in the future? I mean, your guide is already great, but who knows?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it is after AviSource().
    1st priority = Plugins (LoadPlugin([...]))
    2nd = Load Video (avisource, directshowsource)
    3nd = filters

I don't understand what you mean by trying this field =|. It's already included at the bottom. There's 2 reason why I don't put it as a main template
    1) It's only with CCE SP, which is 2000 bucks. Not everyone has that. There's other way around, but I don't support those ways.
    2) It's not a correct science. It might come out a bigger size, depending on the video. Personally it never happened to me but, we never know.

And hehe, I always use CQ. Personally I think it's way better. =D.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM

Dont you think passes is too much?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After CCE encodes the movie and launches BeSweet it stops working for some reason
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Atkee: Sorry, I didn't see CQ was only available on the sp version. Now I know why it didn't work with AutoQ2.

@Matryx: I think that's the reason it's marked with a blue arrow
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh lol my mistake
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I keep getting this when CCE finish encoding my video file. I'm not sure whats wrong I follow the guide perfectly I think.

Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noobsaibot
    @Matryx: I think that's the reason it's marked with a blue arrow
    Yes, Blue arrows are for values that can be changed/should be changed.

Originally Posted by matryx
    I keep getting this when CCE finish encoding my video file. I'm not sure whats wrong I follow the guide perfectly I think.
    Sorry it was my brother's birthday, been out for a day, and passed out for another half day (bahaha).

It seems that you are encoding OGM files with CCE, right?.. hmm.. hmm..

Well it's a pretty bizzare error.
    First, let's see what the batch has done.
    Open "C:\OGMsource\encodedvideo\batch\batch_for_[...].bat" with NOTEPAD.
    Of course, replace the [...] by the video that you are trying to convert.
    It seems like an error in the batch...
    Also..
    Tell me more infos about the video you are converting..
    What audiotype is that?

And last:
    Tell me the wholefilename of the video.

So a summary of what I need to troubleshoot ^^.
    - What's written in the file "batch_for_thevideothatdoesntwork.bat"
    - What audiotype is in the OGM?
    - The whole filename of the video, because it seems like there are strange character messing the whole batch =|.

=D.
    Sorry for the trouble, eh.. =|
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video file is
    (#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.ogm
    This is what I get from AVIcodec

Video : 132 MB, 880 Kbps, 23.975 fps, 560*432 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
    Audio : 16.74 MB, 111 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported
    This is from the batch_for_(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.bat

"C:\program files\ogm tools\ogmdemuxer.exe" tracks "C:\OGMSource\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.ogm" 0:"C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.avi" 1:"C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio1.ogg" 2:"C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio2.ogg" 3:"C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_subs.srt"
    "C:\Program Files\Custom Technology\CCE SP Trial Version\CCEFRONT.exe" -t "Gundam" "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.avs" -batch
    MOVE "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\batch\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.mpv" "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo"
    REN "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.mpv" (#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.m2v
    "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\pulldown\pulldown.exe" C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.m2v C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\encoded(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.m2v -run -exit
    "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\besweet\besweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio1.ogg" -output "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio1.mp2" -logfilea "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\besweet\BeSweet.log" ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -toolame( -m s -b 192 )
    "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\besweet\besweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio2.ogg" -output "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio2.mp2" -logfilea "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\besweet\BeSweet.log" ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -toolame( -m s -b 192 )
    DEL "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.m2v"
    DEL "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.avi"
    DEL "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio1.ogg"
    DEL "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_audio2.ogg"
    REN "C:\OGMSource\EncodedVideo\encoded(#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02.m2v" (#AO) (Torn) Gundam Wing - 02_video.m2v
    pause
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmm.
    Try renaming the video to..
    GundamWing2.ogm
    And start BatchConvert.bat (the batch that generates other batch... the one that detects video)

Then, try launching Batch_to_gundamwing2.ogm

My guess is that "#AO" messes all program. They all think # is some kind of parameters..

If this works, i'm sorry to say this but...
    You will have to rename them all =(. Use some kind of batch renamer.. or rename them manually.. =\\.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It still doesnt work after I renamed it. Still got the same BeSweet error

I got this.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey.
    your audio are mp3 ... and I didn't know OGM could have mp3 as Audio..
    bahaha!!

in the BatchConver.bat....
    there's a value for..
    :: Audio type (ogg or WAV)
    @set audiotype=ogg

instead of
    @set audiotype=ogg

try
    @set audiotype=mp3
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ahh i see. I hope this works. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The section where it says
    [quote]The system cannot find the files specified.
    PULLDOWN- v0.99d, by Hard Code. What does it mean?

Was this successful? I didn't get no BeSweet error this time.

Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it successful? bahaha, great question.

Look in c:\ogmsource\encodedvideo\

for..
    gundamwing02_video.m2v
    gundamwing02_audio1.mp2
    gundamwing02_audio2.mp2
    gundamwing02_subs.srt

check the video with avicodec or gspot, check if it's 29.976FPS (framerate).

If it is, yes, it is successful.

"The system cannot find the file specified"
    This is okay, it's for SP with CCEFRONT user.

"PULLDOWN- v0.99d, by Hard Code. What does it mean?"
    Nothing. It's just pulldown.exe =D. Hard Code is the creator.

anyway.. if this works.. you're up to authoring! and.. you're on you're own there =|. I can't help you with authoring. =\\\. Especially with 2subs/1audio..

you should check here.. https://www.videohelp.com/author#3;24
    Quote Quote