VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there,
    I recently got into ripping and adding subs task n I enjoy it very much. I mean this whole forum has helped me so much, thanks to all of you...
    anyway,here's my problems:
    1.I have a DVD which has Persian (Farsi) subs which I really need to rip with SubRip (V.1.30) but won't do any good.subs are in somehow vage condition that subrip can not undrestand them.As you may know persian characters are mostly attached to themselves for a word.So, when subrip asks for a new chracter its alwas a whole word!And you know what that means? Its like re-typing the whole subs.thats not the only problem.when its saved, its not in correct and proper text format.(I have attached an instance of sub image for your concern) well, what should i do? and believe me I have tried every option,right to left and so on (persian is one of the languages which is written Right-to-left).Is there a way to save and display subs in BMP format?If yes,how?

2.Again the problem is dealing with the same language:I am translating a movie with Subtitle Workshop(V.2.51) which is ofcourse, a decent tool.Everything is OK exept for the punctuations when it comes to display.The full stops, commas etc. are dropped at the beggining of the sentence instead of the end.(Yes,I have tried Edit>Subtitles>Right-to-Left>Fix punctuation. It corrects some but not all) Is there anybody out there who HAD the same problem or knows how to handel this?

I would be most grateful to anyone helping me...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Your OS/Word Processing programs must have Persian language support. Even then, if the characters touch each other, SubRip takes them as a new character which it asks you to define. Happens in English, too.

Try this guide to rip bitmap subs with VobSub for DivX; this, and this with SubRip.

2. Persian is organized from right to left; English from left to right. Could that be confounding your program to put punctuation to the left, thinking that the end of the sentence would be there?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote