VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Roxio is not able to see blank CD's. It can see a music CD I created on another burner. The machine is a GX260 running Windows 2000 with SP4.
    Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try a different disc, I had one of these same computers at work and it came with a POS NEC-7800A CD-RW drive. On Roxio's site, there is a drive update for Easy CD Creator.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to upgrade to either Roxio 7 (or whatever the latest version is), Nero, or almost anything else. Roxio 5 forced me to switch to Nero and I never went back to Roxio even though I preferred its VCD authoring over anything else. (at the time, DVD burners were $600, blanks $3)

How bad was Roxio 5? Roxio advertised it on television to non-technical people. There were at least six updates in an attempt to get it to work with W2K. I had never heard of Nero before Roxio 5.

And I loved Roxio 4 when I had Win98.

Notice any more Roxio ads?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. I looked at the registry and it looks like it did not install correctly. I will try uninstalling Roxio and flush the registry and see what happens before I install the updated driver.
    Quote Quote