VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I use Subtitle Workshop to synchronize the subtitles. The major problem with this is:

The movie should be allowed to be played continuously. What I mean, is that, the slider on the navigation bar should not be moved if correct frame rate is needed. If the slider is moved the frame rate changes with a high variance(difference) in comparision with the actual frame rate. So, the wrong frame rates will be applied to the subtitles in case the slider is moved.

For example, if I synchronized first 10 minutes of the movie, left it for a while, and came back again after some time, this time, I cannot start synchronising it from the point where I stopped it previously(i.e., at the 10 minutes mark), instead I've to start the movie from the beginning, wait till 10 minutes of the video played, and then start synchronising thereafter.

In case, I use the slider and took the position to the point where I stopped previously, the frame rate changes. To be more meticulous in explanation, if the stop point was 00:10:22,234 actually, and this time if I use the slider and move to that point of the video(where I stopped previously), the frame rate shown would be something like 00:11:33,544. So, if you notice, in case I use the slider to get to the point, the frame rate shown will be false. It's not the actual frame rate which it is supposed to be. If now onwards I start applying this frame rate to the subs, this leads to absolutely wrong synchronising, coz later when I actually check the movie by playing it continuously, the subtitles start appearing at the wrong times after the first 10 minutes.

Can any one suggest me a method through which I can start synchronising subs from the point where I left before(by using the slider)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have noticed that problem with mpeg files only.
    I have never encountered those problems with .avi.
    Haven't found the solution for that mpeg preview.
    But if you go to Settings, there is an option for external preview. I have never used it, but maybe it could be useful if you wish to experiment a bit.
    Quote Quote