VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought my Canon ZR10 camcorder 8 months ago and recorded a lot of my son's school activities. The problem is I could not figure out a way to transfer the miniDV type to VCD. I'm keep buying miniDV types in hope one day I will find a way to burn them to CD
    I have a PIII computer with a IEEE 1394 card. I'm going to install windows XP today (can XP help?). What else do I need to do the job without cost too much?
    Thanks for any help!
    Wei

Quote Quote  

2. ...what OS do you have installed? Since you already have the firewire card, you'll just need the firewire cable to connect the ZR10 to your PC (assuming you've got drivers installed). Also, you'll need a capture/edit software.

You'll transfer the your video thru the firewire, in DV-AVI format. From there, you'll need an encoder (TMPGENC) to convert this AVI to MPEG1.

You forgot to mention a CD Burner (if you already have one). If so, you 'should' have a burning software. If it's NERO, you just pick 'VideoCD' in the start-up menu..and so on.

hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot for your reply!
    The OS is windows ME. I'm going to install XP tonight. Once I connect my ZR10 to PC, how do I "copy" the data to PC? I guess what I'm missing is a capture software to do the "copy"? Is there any capture software comes with Windows XP so that I can use without buy another one?
    I don't have an encoder. Is it a hardware or a software? Yes, I do have a CD burner with Easy CD-Creator software installed.
    Thanks,
    Wei
    Quote Quote  
  4. ================================================== =========
    The OS is windows ME. I'm going to install XP tonight. Once I connect my ZR10 to PC, how do I "copy" the data to PC? I guess what I'm missing is a capture software to do the "copy"? Is there any capture software comes with Windows XP so that I can use without buy another one?
    ================================================== =========

WindowsXP comes with Movie Maker. Haven't used it yet, so I cannot say how it performs. I've been using the capture/edit software that came with my firewire card. You can also 'buy' this type of software (Ulead VideoStudio, MGI Videowave, Pinnacle Studio 7, etc). Check the 'TOOLS' section, for some downloadable demos.

I don't have an encoder. Is it a hardware or a software? ================================================== =========

You can also get TMPGENC (software) in the TOOLS section on the left side of this page. It's free.

Yes, I do have a CD burner with Easy CD-Creator software installed.

I'm thinking you have the 'lite' version of EasyCD, if it came with your burner. It doesn't have the capability to burn VideoCDs. You'll need the deluxe version (or is it platinum) of EasyCD, or you can 'try' Nero first (full function demo available in TOOLS).

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think Movie maker only does WMV.

WMV is crap n u want to avoid it.

It can't be coverted to MPEG
    Quote Quote  
  6. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-17 14:57:20, Greg12 wrote:
    I think Movie maker only does WMV.

WMV is crap n u want to avoid it.

It can't be coverted to MPEG

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Windows Movie Maker supports DV-AVI @ 25 Mbps which can be converted to MPEG rather nicely.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    didn't know.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For a freeware VCD burner option, you can try VCDEasy and CDRDAO. It'll let you organise your VCD encoded MPEGs and burn it for you too...
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote