VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

This is interesting. I have a mad dog external dvd burn drive (model#-ME-325Y) that will not work on my computer. The dvd burner has usb 2.0. (my computer is USB 1.0) I've tried using ulead dvd movie factory 3, and nero OEM suite, but neither of them will work.

With the Ulead I've tried numberous times to take the .avi files on my hard drive and put them on dvd, the converting process works fine, but when the disc SHOULD start to burn it doesn't. It gives me some error about not have a disc in the drive, or the disc doesn't have enough space on it.

I have tried making a disc with alot of .avi content on it (aprox. size 4 GB.) and i've tried making a disc with just one small .avi on it (aprox. size 120 MB.) Although I have gotten it to work with one .avi only once, however the video worked but the audio did not. This unit, however, works flawelessly on my fathers computer... But i need it to work on mine....

The following info is what is on my computer

1 GB memory
    Radeon 9200 128MB Video card
    E-MU 0404 Sound card
    80GB Maxtor Hard Drive
    Windows XP professional (service pack 2)
    Pentium 4 2.4 GB processor

I appreciate any information,

Thanks, Matt
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, im not too sure if USB1 is compatible with USB2.0. And secondly, USB1 is limited to 11Mbps, not suitable for external dvd burners.

Upgrade to a USB2.0 PCI card. That should work fine.
    Quote Quote