VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 241 to 259 of 259
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    australia
    Search Comp PM
    This all works for me, but how about if I want the subtitles to be in a different language? Is there any way to do that? Because when I finished joining the sub file and the avi file together, the language (in this case korean) would just come up with random letters and symbols. The same goes with some of the english words. Please help me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. doesnt work. tried uploading an mp4 video onto virtualdubmod and its not having it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, help me too!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Search Comp PM
    I have a chinese subtitle file in .ass format that I'm trying to hardcode onto an AVI file.

    I followed this post's tutorial and was able to generate the avi with the subtitles, but all the subtitle text became garbage codes when it came out. I've already tried changing the styles by specifying the correct font and coding (Chinese_Big5), re-save it, but it is still giving me those garbage characters. Have I missed any step or done anything wrong?

    I'm pretty sure the subtitle file is working fine, coz I can play it on Media Player Classic without any problems. Can anyone give me some clue as to why this is happening?

    FYI, the .ass file was created with AEGISUB.

    thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. VH Wanderer Ai Haibara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on VideoHelp...
    Search Comp PM
    You might need to change the encoding to Unicode (UTF-8, perhaps), I think. (I don't really work with non-roman encoding in subtitles, so I'm not the best person to ask. )
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Search Comp PM
    I am following this guide but when I load my subtitle on the Virtual Dub, the subtitle is
    1. so huge that it fills the whole screen,
    2. One particular line of text is visible from the beginning of the video till the end. I've checked the timing of the subtitle which is correct, and it plays fine when played with its corresponding video. It's only when uploaded on Virtual Dub when it starts acting up.

    Could you please help me what the problem it? I've been on this problem for ages and am so desperate to get this thing working.

    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Danmark
    Search PM
    Hi Videohelp.com

    I've been searching all kinds of forums to solve my problem, but so far I've not found what I was looking for, so i hope that you can help me out.

    I've loads of .mkv movie in 1080p for my blu ray player in the living room, and because I'm running the movies from the eksternal harddisk, I'm not able to add subtitles unless it's hardcording.
    My question for you guys which I hope you help me is:

    Do you know a program to HARDCORE subtitles into .mkv files and keep the format .mkv, sound and picture quality?
    I would be very pleased if somebody could give me a link.

    I've tried other solutions in this thread but it doesn't support .mkv and I would rather not convert the .mkv files to .avi before hardcoding.

    Regards Simon
    Quote Quote  
  8. so i know this is an old topic. but i did everything you said and it worked but as it was processing the file after i saved it as a movie name, it took about an hour. then got a msg saying insufficent space. the file was originally 1.5gb but after the process it was 39gb. and it wasnt even halfway done in the movie process! the subtitles showed and everything just that the file grew extremely large.
    what is wrong? please help! if this topic is still alive! =(
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jor2darel View Post
    so i know this is an old topic. but i did everything you said and it worked but as it was processing the file after i saved it as a movie name, it took about an hour. then got a msg saying insufficent space. the file was originally 1.5gb but after the process it was 39gb. and it wasnt even halfway done in the movie process! the subtitles showed and everything just that the file grew extremely large.
    what is wrong? please help! if this topic is still alive! =(
    You didn't choose any compression.

    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Set Video->Full Processing.
    Set Video->Compression and select Divx or Xvid. Install DivX Codec or XviD Codec if you can't see the in the compression list.
    Quote Quote  
  10. i did o.o i had 2 divx options. but i chose the DivX 6.8.2 Codec (2 Logical CPUs) instead of DivX 6.8.2 YV12 Decoder am i supposed to have a different option?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    hi I followed the instructions and it seemed to work but then I noticed that the new avi file is way to big so are there other settings that need to be done to get an avi file of the same size as the original file within a couple of 100mb?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kicksyc View Post
    hi I followed the instructions and it seemed to work but then I noticed that the new avi file is way to big so are there other settings that need to be done to get an avi file of the same size as the original file within a couple of 100mb?
    Answered above.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I sorted it hawever subs are about 10seconds delay and I can't see where you can adjust time. is there away using textsub?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by analine87 View Post
    Ok I need some help here. I've install Vobsub2.23 on this computer before and now I can't install it. After I select the folder where VirtualDub is and I click next, the error Vobsub has stopped working. I'm currently using Window Vista.
    I have the exact same problem, and I'm on Win 7. I can't figure out how to un-install it properly so that I can reinstall. All I can remember is that in the initial installation, I received a "Your program might not have installed properly" warning which I ignored. ><" Help??
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by analine87 View Post
    Ok I need some help here. I've install Vobsub2.23 on this computer before and now I can't install it. After I select the folder where VirtualDub is and I click next, the error Vobsub has stopped working. I'm currently using Window Vista.
    Originally Posted by xjckimberly
    Me: I have the exact same problem, and I'm on Win 7. I can't figure out how to un-install it properly so that I can reinstall. All I can remember is that in the initial installation, I received a "Your program might not have installed properly" warning which I ignored. ><" Help??
    And ah, the reason I'm trying to reinstall it is because when I'm in virtualdub, I don't see the 'textsub' option when trying to add the filters in...
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have got the film Lord Of The Rings: Extended Trilogy for the PSP 3000. I have a separate subtitles file (.srt). I am trying to join them together. I have got this far; I uploaded the video then I pressed No on the box that comes. After something came and It says that it is not compatible with Windows movie player (It is). I then pressed OK and then I tried to add the video filter but I cannot press It? Please help?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    france
    Search Comp PM
    hello everybody
    i hope there are still some people watching this topic.
    i have an issue when i try to add french .srt subtitle to an avi file under virtualdubmod and textsub filter : all the accented french characters become illegible.
    is ther something that can be done
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  18. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sirun View Post
    ......
    is ther something that can be done
    Yes. Use Avisynth plus VirtualDub.

    VirtualDubMod is outdated and NOT-recommended.

    P.S.: IMHO, this thread should be closed
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    france
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, it works
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads