VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Thread
  1. You answer no to the question and don't use VDubMod as a player and don't use it to determine whether or not the audio is in synch.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's easy using TMPGEnc, too bad you have to pay a little, but I never have any trouble. Anyway, here's a guide: http://www.driftingdots.com/float/permanentsubs.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a problem i have already put the subs on and made it into a video all this work perfectly find with sound good video quality but it is 28gb when the orriginal file is only 200mb
    how can i make it like 200mb-300mb
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nevermind solved
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys.. i did all this and is able to run the subtitles .. the first one i did was ok and all went well...

the second was strange... this one is using the srt files (previous one wasn't) and the avi files is HUGH! from a previous 700MB file, it balloon to a 17G files ( and growing!!!) i had to stop it...

aany idea why? i scan quickly through this thread...but did not see anything about it... if anyone kind enough can point it out.. thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leeqk
    nevermind solved
    how do u solve this??
    Quote Quote  
  7. how do u solve this??
    By choosing and configuring a codec (XviD, DivX, etc.). Unless you do that you get the default VDub uncompressed AVI and its enormous size.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i do that... and usually choose DivX... it balloons on me...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Are you getting AVIs of many GB in size like leeqk? If so, then you're not setting up a codec. Are you choosing the final size you want by the bitrate? And are you getting that size? Are you making sure the audio isn't being converted to PCM WAV audio? Open the AVI in GSpot and have a look. If you can't figure out what it's telling you, post a GSpot pic here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh!! my bad... i didnt really chose the right divx!! now its ok!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry if this is repost but i'm new here so...

anyone can help me with this problem?
    everytime i want to open a video file with VirtualDubMod
    there is always an error message appear as below
    Cannot detect the file type of "source of video file"
    can anyone help me with this problem?

thanks be4
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey, am i able to keep the quality of the the compressed file same as the original file? if yes, how would i be able to? plz reply thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by killeracz
    am i able to keep the quality of the the compressed file same as the original file?
    No, but it may wind up similar to the original.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I need some help here. I've install Vobsub2.23 on this computer before and now I can't install it. After I select the folder where VirtualDub is and I click next, the error Vobsub has stopped working. I'm currently using Window Vista.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    when I try to install VobSub and directly after I select the VirtualDubMod folder I always get an error message where it's written that VobSub doesn't respond and the installation wizzard closes

why?

(I'm using vista btw)
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
    Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republicof
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to open my video with VirtualDubMod it shows a message saying :

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50'(unknown).
    VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows(VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codex, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct Stream Copy' is available for this video.

What is the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wile E. Genius
    When I try to open my video with VirtualDubMod it shows a message saying :

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50'(unknown).
    VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows(VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codex, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct Stream Copy' is available for this video.

What is the problem?
    You don't have a VfW codec installed to handle DivX-encoded video (DX50 is DivX 5/6, probably 7 as well). Install the DivX codec. Alternately, if you have Xvid or ffdshow installed, they can be configured to handle DivX video through VfW as well.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a chinese subtitle file in .ass format that I'm trying to hardcode onto an AVI file.

I followed this post's tutorial and was able to generate the avi with the subtitles, but all the subtitle text became garbage codes when it came out. I've already tried changing the styles by specifying the correct font and coding (Chinese_Big5), re-save it, but it is still giving me those garbage characters. Have I missed any step or done anything wrong?

I'm pretty sure the subtitle file is working fine, coz I can play it on Media Player Classic without any problems. Can anyone give me some clue as to why this is happening?

FYI, the .ass file was created with AEGISUB.

thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by nojay
    I use VirtualDubMod by preference and when I select the TextSub filter I get the appropriate options as shown on the howto. However when asked to select a subtitle file I choose the .srt file and click OK. The TextSub filter returns to the basic option screen where the [OK] button is greyed out. The text box that should hold the subtitle file name is blank. Nothing I can do seems to be able to get past this point.

Any ideas? Is there an earlier version of VobSub that maybe works?
    I'm having the same problem as nojay has...

I don't know how can I "fix" this problem...

made with subtitle workshop

my .sub file is here:

Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I am a translator specialized in film subtitling, but I never did any actual film editing. I always check Videohelp for tool reviews and tutorials and I recommend it a lot.

Yesterday I took some time, downloaded these tools, followed the tutorial and easily subtitled a film I had translated using VirtualDubMod and my .srt subtitles. Really cool and it was a piece of cake.

Then I downloaded SubStation Alpha for more advanced subtitle editing. I also installed the Subtitler filter to VirtualDubMod.

I converted my subtitles to .ssa using Subtitle Workshop, then edited them in SSA: changed the color of some captions, changed the alignment of some others. I previewed everything and everything was just as I wanted.

However, when I burn the subtitles to the film, everything is fine (synch, colors, alignments etc.) but the font of the subtitles is ridiculously tiny -- barely visible!! I tried this using both the Subtitler filter and TextSub 2.23, with exactly the same result.

I went back to SSA a few times, formatted the style, overrode everything to make sure all subtitles were Arial 22 (really big actually), double-checked everything.

Same result: the subtitles are the size of ants.

Does anyone have any idea of what can I be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome!
    Carol

(media translator)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do I select a different subtitle lanugage in VirtualDubMod to be encoded if there is more than one subtitle?

Followed the instructions step by step but only default English gets encoded. How do I choose another subtitle language?

I searched the entire thread and found nothing regarding this.
    The further away I get from the things that I care about...
    the less I care about how much further away I get...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by gOdiSOnyOuRsIDe
    How do I select a different subtitle lanugage in VirtualDubMod to be encoded if there is more than one subtitle?

Followed the instructions step by step but only default English gets encoded. How do I choose another subtitle language?

Check your other thread. Why post twice about the exact same problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by gOdiSOnyOuRsIDe

Check your other thread. Why post twice about the exact same problem?
    I thought I ask the question here too for people with the same problem as me since this is the main guide.
    The further away I get from the things that I care about...
    the less I care about how much further away I get...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You gonna wanna have to stop that. The mods here really frown upon that.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have uploaded a file - srted.exe - for guys who want to fix errors in SRT files. Progrrams which convert SRT files to SSA will throw up an error when the input SRT file has wrong numbering and line feeds. The program is to be used as follows:- srted source3.srt target.srt.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I have a question. I got everything, but the movie's audio came up choppy and the subtitles didn't show. I am trying to change a japanese m4v file to an avi file with english subtitles. Well, i converted the m4v file to avi first though. Please help.
    Last edited by burner5; 21st Mar 2010 at 00:36.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hey thank you for this it was really helpful!! Everything went great except one thing. i created the subs in aegisub and you know how ur able to change font colour and have shadow colours etc. well i had my subs outlined in a different coulour so they're easy to see. But when i added the subtitles that was completely gone. they're just all white and it's difficult to see. how can i have to so that outline stays on the subs? Thank you for the help look forward to ur reply
    Quote Quote  
  28. i did all of this fine!! thank you for the help!! the only thing is that the subs if i have a certain place that i want the subs to be on the video, i adjust it in aegisubs. however when i put the subs into virutaldubmod the subs are not where i placed them. can you please tell me how to secure the subs in the spot wanted? thank you!!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i installed both the xvid and dvix codecs but it doesnt show up in the compression list? did i do something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    never mind, solved
    Quote Quote