VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply my friend but as far as i know in virtualdub i can set the values of the positioning even if the subtitle file is srt.No?What's the difference in the positioning if the file is ssa?Virtualdub doesn't recognize the positioning values if the file is srt?It doesn't recognize the black field as part of the image?I have the textsub2.23 filter from vobsub.Has anyone succeded to put the subtitles in the black field under the widescreen movie?With what values?Another filter maybe?

(I want to burn the subtitles on the movie,make them permanent and have the subtitles under the movie in the blak field.I know how to do it with other programs but i want to know if vd gives me this option)

Sorry for all the questions.I'm trying to make you understand what i want to do.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've looked in many SRT files and I've never seen any positioning commands, so I have NO IDEA what you may be talking about with VDub. I *do* know that SSA format supports positioning.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i load an srt file(or any another format ) in vd and go to textsub.23 filter, this is the option i get to change the values of position:

Anyway,thank you very much for the replies.
    I'll try to work with ssa and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the source video contain any black borders? if not you must add black borders in virtualdubmod, under Video->filters add the resize and use same new width and new height but click expand and add a new frame height. Then add the subtitle filter.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can this work with a VOB file?
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, since VOB is a container of MPEG2 video, sound (MP2 or AC3) and SUP (bitmapped subtitle) format. You will need to extract the proper stream and add your subtitles first.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will it work on avi how do i view it then i have this .cue or .bin file someone said view it with a different player
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    .cue/.bin are disc images. Burn it to a CD and enjoy, probably VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know they are but it still can be playable on a different video player on the PC
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then the player can read the image directly, but the image cannot be WORKED on directly.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i needed a program called vcdgear to convert it to Mpeg... all sorted now
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by kschang
    You need to convert subs to SSA format, which supports positioning of the subs. Then it's a matter of trial and error to get the right placements as it depends on the font sizes and all that.
    Does anyone know how to do this conversion (or know of a thread that discusses it)? I have some srt subs i'd like to convert to ssa to avoid the problem with the textsub filter not recognizing the srt file (mentioned previously in this thread, if you don't know what i'm talking about).
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi-

Convert SRT to SSA? Yes, piece of cake. Lots of ways. The one I use is to open the SRT in Sub Resynch (it comes included in the VobSub package), and then Save As SSA.

You may even be able to fix the SRT by opening it and saving it again as SRT using the same method. Not positive about that, though.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys im having a problem here..im trying to put subtitles into a video..the original source is 2.3 gb....but when virtualdub has like only 10 minutes running and making the new file...this new file's size is allready like 5gb....whats happening and how can i fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably already covered in this thread but it sounds like you didn't select any video compression. If so then you get raw RGB24, so 3 bytes per pixel which adds up very fast. You need to select a compressor or if you are only after an intermediate file, don't compress at alll; frameserve.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey here is my question, i converted some avi files to dvd...my source file didnt have any subtitle...now i have the vob files, the ifos. and the bup.....i wonder...can i use this method to work with the vob file that i have, and add the subtitles....and if i have to do something extra..since there where no subtitles before....thanks
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Best bet would be to re-author with subs.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TY so much, i just got a creative zen vision w: and have been wanting to put all my old kung fu movies on it so i can watch them at work on the plasma, but i had no idea how to get the subs directly on the video file..5 deadly venoms on the big screen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by celtic_druid
    Probably already covered in this thread but it sounds like you didn't select any video compression. If so then you get raw RGB24, so 3 bytes per pixel which adds up very fast. You need to select a compressor or if you are only after an intermediate file, don't compress at alll; frameserve.
    but if we don't use FULL PROCESSING MODE, there wont be subtitles. pls help
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ???

FULL PROCESSING MODE does not prevent you from selecting a codec or from frameserving, so I really don't get what you are trying to say. Still to avoid full processing mode. You can use textsub in AVISynth, then set VDub to fast recompress.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    heheh. i didnt know that. i'll try.
    anyways, does anyone here know how to input 2 audio and an subtitle which is not permanent so that it would be like an ogm file too but in avi format?
    i used ogm to avi by nisarg kothari before and it worked fine but when i used it to another video audios and subs are just demuxed. well, maybe it only works for certain ogm files.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use AVI-Mux GUI. Multiple audio streams aren't an issue, but muxed subs are less compatible than external subs when it comes to avi. Better to leave then external or to mux to .divx with xsubs. That or leave it as an ogm.
    Quote Quote  
  24. For anyone who is having the problem with the textsub filter not loading your srt files, you can get around it by opening the subs in subtitle workshop and saving them ssa/ass files. There was a suggestion earlier in this thread to do this by opening them in subresync (part of the vobsub package), but that doesn't work. This problem is apparently a fluke in the latest version of vobsub, since it seems to affect all vobsub applications and I had no trouble with srt files in vobsub prior to upgrading. Just though I'd share my solution, since others seem to be having this issue as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    problem here. i had successfully added subtitle to my ogm. my mkv project, there is sound but still there's no subtitle. i added subtitle through filter > subtitle > full processing mode but still no subtitle in the output. help..
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok now to the next question !

if i whant to add more the one sub whit this porgram
    how do it work need help!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvdsub
    ok now to the next question !

if i whant to add more the one sub whit this porgram
    how do it work need help!?
    nope. unfortunately subs are permanent. cant use 2.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, hi everybody. I am new to this webpage and I want to know more about subtitling. I've read your guide about how to add the .srt files in the filters. That works. But when I'm supposed to save the whole thing it goes up to 70GB big. it used to be 700MB!! Why does this problem occur? And oh, I have one more question; Why does the movie have lags when it's saved? Didn't have before. Please answer me in pm or on this chatroom.
    Ps: The program i'm using is VirtualDub

Cheers / Hachlod.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Why does this problem occur?

You have to choose a codec (XviD or DivX, for example), set it up, including the bitrate or size. Kind of basic stuff. You're encoding uncompressed. Use AutoGK until you know what you're doing.

Why does the movie have lags when it's saved?

Could be several reasons. Maybe there's just a delay you didn't take into account. Maybe the audio is VBR MP3 and you really used VDub, instead of VDubMod as you're supposed to, and VDub screwed up your audio. Use AutoGK until you know what you're doing. Neither of your questions have anything to do with the guide or the subject of this thread (subtitles).
    Quote Quote  
  30. klootz
    hi. my video is encoded with H264. what codec should I download to enable VirtualDub to encode the video? 8)
    Quote Quote