VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. New to subtitles as you can see.probably this question has been answerd already, but cant find the answer.
    My question is if I download the Divx movie and it don't come with subs ,How can I make subs for that movie and also burn it on CD and watch it on my Philips 642 DVP player. So my questio is how to burn subtitles on CD .
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make srt subs with subtitle workshop. Or download from www.extratitles.to
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok I downloaded subs for my movie (We+Are+Not+Angels+2+(Mi+nismo+andjeli+2).rar - RAR archive, unpacked size 42,275 bytes) I hope that is srt file , and Now what ? Movie is on my HD ,same as subs How do I put that together on cd. thanx
    Quote Quote  
  4. And by the way I use Nero for burning I hope this is OK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can always try what i do for adding switchable subs to divx

Use a very good tool(srt2bmp) that has fuse in its core to add multiple xsubs or audio tracks to the divx file

the final result is perfect to say the least, perfect subs. A big shoutout for Vsr and Zhnujm at Doom9 for this superb tool.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=89718&page=1

you need to look in to the pages to find the most recent version 1.0.4.19

last time i tried playing a divx file with external srt subs on that specific player the result wasnt very good, with lots of missing letters and words not properly displayed

with srt2bmp you will get perfect subs nice round full, xsubs are compatible with divx certified players like the philips
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What I would do is preview the subtitles using Media Player Classic. Make sure they are in sync. Then burn both to a disk, CDRW for testing, and you should be able to first select the srt file then play the avi using the Philips 642.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks Jmikeh , I watched the movie on windows Media player Clasic and it has english subtitles ,but when I watch it on my philips 642 I can't get subtitles . Maybe Iam doing mistake in proces of burning Cd
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I name the .srt file the same as the .avi and burn it do disk. Then when you play it, the menu comes up, select the srt file then hit subtitles on the remote. Then play the movie. It works fine on my philips.
    Quote Quote