VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a HP dvd300i that use to work great as far as th bitrate setting so it would play on just about any dvd player. I have a mintek 1600 that I use to test if the bitrate setting was good or not. The first 2 packs of dvds I burned the dvd played fine on the mintek but now I have bought 4 different brands of dvds and can not get any to take the bitrate setting.

I use Nero and dvd-decryptor to burn the dvds and never had a problem until I got on my third pack of dvds.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try. I have a phillips dvp-642 and a "Apex 1011<----I think" that will play a dvd+r without the bitrate setting. But the mintek needs the bitrate set. I have tried the dvd's on 2 different dvd players that need the bitrate set and neither will play my Non-bitrate set dvd's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 737mechanic
    The first 2 packs of dvds I burned the dvd played fine on the mintek but now I have bought 4 different brands of dvds and can not get any to take the bitrate setting.

I use Nero and dvd-decryptor to burn the dvds and never had a problem until I got on my third pack of dvds.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try. I have a phillips dvp-642 and a "Apex 1011<----I think" that will play a dvd+r without the bitrate setting. But the mintek needs the bitrate set. I have tried the dvd's on 2 different dvd players that need the bitrate set and neither will play my Non-bitrate set dvd's.
    By bitrate set, do you mean bitsetting (booktype). If you are using +R media and changing the booktype to -ROM (bitsetting) then that may not be your problem.

What media are you using? (What brand and manufacturer) Use DVD Identifier to find out who manufacturerd the media (as opposed to what brand name it is sold under). Find out who made the discs that play, and try to get more of those.

I have played a few recorded discs on this player in the past (ritek G04 -R is the only one I recall specifically).

If I recall right, that HP burner only takes +R media, correct? If so, you might consider spending $50 and get a newer model (many people here seem to favor the Pioneer 109D, though I have heard good things about the benq 1620, NEC and LG). If you are in the US www.newegg.com is a great online store.
    Some people say dog is mans best friend. I say that man is dog's best slave... At least that is what my dogs think.
    Quote Quote  
  3. sorry I do mean bitsetting, maybe you are right about just getting a new burner that burns dvd-r. i thought about the disc brand but figured after all the different brands i tried that one of them would work but maybe not.

i will use that utility you listed and see what the brands actually are.

thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Spend $50 on the Pioneer 109 and never look back.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote