VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy all...been a long time since I had a decent problem I needed help with.
    Basically I can't view subtitles with either media player or powerdvd.
    I have tried installing VobSub and FFDshow with no luck. (Yes I did configure them to show subtitles etc). I'm stumped. I was wondering if maybe I have a conflicting codec, because I do have divx and xvid bnoth installed. I welcome any help you can give me to resolve my troubles...all I want to do is stick a few subtitles on a VCD
    My mate says it's a fuse...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    use media player classic and manualy open the subs using file->load subtitles.

or enable mpeg1 decoding in ffdshow under codecs and it should work with ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick...I'll give it a try as soon as I get home and let you all know the results...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy all, further investigation led me to the answer...I tried ffdshow etc as Baldrick suggested, but still to no effect. I decided that there was a complete screw up somewhere else, most likely unrelated to what I was experiencing, so I started uninstalling software, one package at a time and trying again to view subtitles in powerdvd, as soon as I removed DvdIdle the problem went away. It seems strange that DvdIdle somehow screwed up my subtitles. Anyway it seems to be working now, both with ffdshow and vobsub filters
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's certainly interesting and informative, tunedwolf. I had a DVDIdle trial copy once. It didn't mess up the subs. We'd like to have more reports of this from other DVDIdle users, to be able to sort of pinpoint the problem.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote