VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i'm capturing stuff off tv onto my mac. i'm capturing in mpeg4, but there seems to be a strange quicktime thing with this where the audio doesn't sync up with the video properly, i.e. the audio finishes about 10 frames before the video. so i've been extracting the audio and pasting it back into the video using the add and scale function in quicktime pro. the the audio syncs up right to end, cause it scales it to fit the length of the video. but then when export the video from quicktime using divx 5 the audio goes back out of sync. worse than before. so i wanted to try using ffmepg. but because the audio isn't embeded, i.e. self contained, in the file, ffmpeg wont read it. so i have been trying to use the 'add audio' function in ffmpeg, but it never outputs any sound. how do i use this feature? i've tried everything i can think of. PLEASE HELP!
    Quote Quote  
  2. To use this feature you should just select an external audio file and not use "Decode with Quicktime". In case of problems you may email me to major4@mac.com with your process output (blue "i" icon).
    Quote Quote  
  3. when i try using a .wav or .aiff file it just says:

'No audio or video streams available'

here's the whole ouput:
    Encoding started on Wed Jun 8 12:16:37 BST 2005
    Input #0, yuv4mpegpipe, from 'pipe:':
    Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Video: rawvideo, yuv420p, 752x416, 25.00 fps
    Output #0, avi, to '/Volumes/work/video/alchemyTV/testselfconnoaudio.mov.ff.avi.e.avi':
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, 752x416, 25.00 fps, q=2-9, 1756 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    bench: utime=1.321s
    video:1036kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.688992%
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp, from '/Volumes/work/video/alchemyTV/testselfconnoaudio.mov':
    , start: 0.000000, bitrate: 10351 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, 752x576, 24.99 fps
    No audio or video streams available
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the source is a .mov file then 'Decode with Quicktime is forced automatically to avoid a ffmpeg bug with Quicktime files. You may try to use "Mux as.. AVI" to combine an AVI file with an audio track.
    Quote Quote