VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i converted a couple of .ogm files with vdubmod to avi with permanent subs but when i played the avi the subs start at the beginning in stead of the time they need to start help me please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you add the subtitles after you "demultiplexed" the ogm file? if you did it seems your subtitle file is not sincronized use SubSync to sincronize them and then add it to your avi.

allow me an advice: dont hardcode your subs, use srt2bmp(allows multiple switch subs,control of size,position etc) to add them or get a player like Bsplayer that supports subs.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im not too sure what you mean by demultiplex is that the demux button? and i dont know what program you are talking about subsync. i want permenant subs on the files because i own an archos av420 and want to watch them on there so i can watch it anywhere
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i probably should tell you the steps i used. i demuxed the sub file and diabled it on the steam list and added them in the filter and full proccesed them with divx5.2.1 or somthing like that and then saved the files but the dont start at the appropriate time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lets recap.

if i was you i would use virtualdubmod or OGMDemuxer to extract the avi, audio and subtitle.

use subsync to sincronize the subs, it works fine with me and very easy to use,

get srt22bmp that will create a xsub file and then mux the avi, audio and xsub and voilá u got yourself a divx file with (if you want) multiple audio and subs

you can get srt2bmp from
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?

the fuse tool needed for srt2bmp
    http://labs.divx.com/archives/000053.html

subsync from here
    http://users.pandora.be/vlad/subsync/

it sounds complicated but it isnt a guide is included in srt2bmp

good luck

ps: you can view xsub subtitles if your player is divx certified
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    is the subs out of sync if you play the ogm?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry mate i just checked and i thought archos was a standalone dvd/divx player and its not its a portable video jukebox!!!!(now i know why the hardcoded subs)

demux your avi and subtitle and sincronize it with subsync.

then use virtuadub to encode it

sorry about the confusion
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or sync with subtitle workshop!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    he didnt say they were out of sync so i presume they werent(really strange because the demuxing shouldnt change the timecode of the subs)

Baldrick is here now, im almost sure he has a solution
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys thanks for the advice sorry i didnt get back to you guys cuz i havent checked the site in a few days i had finals and some other things to do. when i play the ogm file the subs are in sync the play when they are supposed to but when i demux the file with vdubmod and then disable them and put them back on in the filter the start at the beginning instead of around one and a half mins
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ill check those programs out thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    now that im going throught the whole subtitle thing with subitle workshop all of the subs are off and i will have to manually syncronize all of them is there something else i can do about it becuase i have about fifty or so of these files and i dont want to do this to every one of them. is there a program that will just convert the ogm file and add permant subs instead of me doing it manually with vdubmod thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe i should rip the sub file with a different program if so can you recomend a program do you think that will work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    besides virtualdubmod andOGMDemuxer i dont know any other sub extraction for ogm.

for subtitle sync have a lokk at this very small easy peasy guide:

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_syncsubtitles.php

thats how i sync subs i get from the net that are not sync
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the link cuz i didnt know how to use that program. hey i just noticed that there is a pull down tab at the bottem left of the vdubmod stream list it has different options for subs like ascii utf-8 and unicode would it make a difference if i saved it as one of those and then hard sub the file??
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried but when i press the buttons they dont seem to do anything when i go back to the beginning they just do the same thing sorry for the double post
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you done the subtitle sync?

post back if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats what i was talking about when i press the blue button and then the green and then the adjust button after the ctrl f5 and six thing it doesnt seem to work mybad i should cleared it up
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just by curiosity, which film is it and and what language of the sub?

there are loads of sites on the net that after a free registration will let you download subtitles.

theres a thread going on here about them sites here in the subtitle forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have a large collection of dvds bought in the uk(i lived there for 6,5 years) and i have added portuguese subtitles to all of them so that my family can watch them.

sometimes the subs i get from the net are not in sync with the dvd so i always used subsync to sync them and untill now i had a 100% sucess rate in doing it.

if its not doing anything for you, the demuxing of the sub might have corrupted the file.

try some of the download subs sites
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lang- japaness subs-english can you give me a link to the websites. it didnt seem to work i did everything the instructions said but it didnt seem to work should i have put the ogm file in the video because i put the saved avi from vdubmod in it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote