VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Help!!!!!!!!!!!! its my first time at first i had some other probelms but i solved them. I was close to killing myself(jk). Now theres something else. Im trying to convert a movie(avi) to mpeg-1 so i can burn it as vcd. its converting and at the middle some where it freezes. I tried twice and it froze on the same exact spot on the same exact frame. What am i doing wrong? Please help
    ive been trying to convert this movie for hours. Suicide in a few hours(jk).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you run DivFix on the file to see if there were any errors? Also, did you extract the audio out and convert it to wav? It's best to give TMGEnc the AVI and a WAV

those are usually the best fixes
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a friend of fmaldo1424 and we have been trying to get this TMPGEnc to convert avi -> mpeg for the whole day and i have had it up to here (over my head) with this sh*t. First we had the problem of getting it to convert to avi cause the picture was black. After hours and hours we got that fixed only to find out that it freezes. We will try what you said Stinky and let you know, if it don't work, we will kill ourselves. We'll be back. Thanx for the help. (Praying to God)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hobbes8548 on 2001-12-16 18:50:36 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have been having problems with the latest version of TMPGEnc 2.02. The quality does not seem as good as 2.01 and also I have had it stopping part way through. This is odd as I generally do not have problems with encoders. Have you switched off the time out?
    Take care

Dave
    Dave Knowles Films
    Southampton - UK
    Quote Quote