VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using DVD movie Factory SE, when I'm on the capture screen the buttons under the screen, play, pause, stop etc are greyed out and when I click on the capture button I get the message "An error occured in the capturing process. This may be due to insufficient disk space."
    I have about 60GB on both of my hard drives, i don't understand why its saying this.. I've been capturing with Movie Factory for quite some time now. I recently ahd to reinstall my computer, but I can't think of anything else that needs to be added to make this work.
    My cam is connected to a firewire card, i reinstalled the drivers for that too. My PC detects the cam in device manager. DirectX 9 is installed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Cipher5000,

Try WinDV to "capture" - Free, reliable and versatile.

Good luck.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tryed that, it won't work either.....

it says "Error: Can't find IAMDroppedFrames"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Cipher5000,

In that case, it may well be a problem the physical connection - made up of firewire card, firewire cable, the slot the card's in etc.

Have a read through this thread:

www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252983

...there's info in there on things to check and re-installing the firewire card.

There's a link from BJ_M (I think) that doesn't work, but if you search from that part of the MS site for "1394", "firewire" and similar there's a patch to fix firewire problems with Windows systems (might just be XP SP2).

Fill in your "Computer details" too...
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  5. Well right now I'm just using XP, without SP2...
    As i said i had to reinstall my PC, I didn't bother putting SP2 on since I will be geting a new PC in about a week. I really wanted to get some stuff captureed before then though
    not having SP2 instaled isn't the problem, becuase I only started using SP2 a few weeks ago, i was using XP by itself for along time before that.
    Well, maybe i should go and install SP2 for the hell of it and see if that fixes the problem? by all logical means, it really shouldn't, but I'll try anything at this point!

The rest of my PC specs...
    1ghz
    512MB
    Ati 9600Pro
    XP ( no SP at this time)
    DirectX 9c
    Quote Quote  
  6. I installed SP2, and tryed to install that microsoft update but it tells "Cannot create file when it already exsists"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seems you already have the update... Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the firewire card? There are directions in that link I gave you, as well as other suggestions on possible causes...

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  8. I tryed uninstalling and reinstalling it already, then I tryed moving it to a different PCI slot.
    When i try to capture in WIndows Movie Maker, nothing happens when i click the capture button

By the way, did your friend get his problem fixed? I'm not sure i fully understand the problem he was having, but dropped frames could be if he was capturing to the same HD his OS is on. I was having a problem with dropped frames as well, then i bought i second HD just for capturing my video, and i never get a dropped frame now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    His problem was artifacts and speeding up of the transferred DV AVI.

His mobo started playing up and he ended up upgrading to new mobo, more memory etc. and, unsurprisingly, the problem was fixed.

Hmmm... I don't know what else to suggest. The fact that you've reinstalled the OS would suggest that it's root cause is something to do with either the way the install was done, or stuff that has or hasn't been installed.

Sorry I can't help any further. Good luck...

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  10. NP man, thanks for the suggestions. I have a friend who knows alot about this stuff and is stumped as well.

I will be getting a new Gateway PC in the mail hopefully friday anwyay, so it better work then!
    I just had some stuff I was really loooking foward to capturing, I guess it will have to wait.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cipher5000
    I installed SP2, and tryed to install that microsoft update but it tells "Cannot create file when it already exsists"
    cipher,

have a look at this, might work for you.
    http://neowin.net/comments.php?id=26338&category=main

Hope that helps.

Kalayaan
    Quote Quote