VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all

I recently bought the DVD of Der Untergang, but unfortunately it's in German only... I wanted to know if there's anyway to add an English subtitle (which I already have) to this DVD and burn it on a DVD+R (I have only blank DVD+Rs at home). My English subtitles are in .srt format and I think they're 23.976 ftp while the DVD itself is PAL (25ftp). In addition to this, I have just made a backup of the DVD on my HD using DVD Shrink. It shows the size of the movie is ~ 7 GB, now how am I supposed to burn it on a 4.7 GB DVD+R? Does it mean that the original DVD is a Double Layer DVD? or ... ?

I'd reeeeally appreciate any help regarding this... thank you guys
    "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight, losing my religion"
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh... guys I'm sorry, I guess I posted in the wrong forum . plz move it if it's not in the right place.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can try reauthor in DVDLab Pro.
    Add your subs, then compile.
    Use DVDShrink to make it fit a 4.7
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    read the sticky in the subtitle forum.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ramin
    Hi all

I recently bought the DVD of Der Untergang...
    Hey, I've been looking for that DVD, although of course I'd prefer it in NTSC, since I live in Canada. Where did you buy it?

I saw the movie in a theatre a couple of months ago, it was fantastic.
    Quote Quote  
  6. thnx alot Baldrick!, I don't have DVD Lab but I'll try to get a trial version. if I ran to any problem i'll get back here.

Phantom, I bought it on ebay and I'm sure you'll get the best result there as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The German version that is for sale in the stores here supposedly has English subs....however the rental one does not.
    I'm hesitant to buy the retail version in case the info on the packaging is incorrect.
    Quote Quote