VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Did you like The Revenge of the Sith?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    it was okey. nothing more.

Thanks to MeDiCo_BrUjO for the poll options..I stole them.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's a pretty darn good movie, it also sets up A New Hope rather nicely. The "Deja Vu" scenes at the end are fantastic. Actually, the last half hour of this movie rocks, but without the other hour and 40 minutes or so, it wouldn't have been so good.

Some will obviously complain, as they did about the previous installments, where Anakin appears wooden or reading his lines from a tele prompt, but in my opinion, that's part of his character and nature. Other will whine because of the relationship and conversational atmosphere between anny and padme, which again is the nature of their relationship. without this tragic love story, where would the destructive hatred in Anakin truely come from?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Exellent. Fantastic. Can't wait for the dvd release.

To the moaners, all I can say is "if you think you can do better, then go ahead"
    Quote Quote  
  4. I hope anyone who hasnt seen it doesnt read to much into this post. Has a couple of spoilers in it. The movie was great especially what yoda did to the palpatines two guards standing at the door of his office. The thing that bothered me most was when palpatine told vader that padme died. His scream "NO" didnt go over well with me. Other than that the film was great and Im preparing to see it at least 2 more times with my 9 year old. He was in awe when he saw it and for the first time in along time he kept his mouth shut. Want quiet time , bring your kid or kids to the theatre. Its the second best SW behind Empire. 9 out of 10 scale for me with this picture
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This movie was a case of "The Emperor's New Clothes"...no one wanted to say it was a so-so film largely because we all wanted it to be great. Harkening back to Star Wars and Empire. But the fact is this film was staggeringly mediocre. The acting was wooden and forced. Portman's performance consisted of wringing her hands and worrying. Most scenes were talking heads with little or no staging. There was about 40 minutes of action but even that was uninspired when held up to Star Wars, empire and even Return of The Jedi. Most disappointing was the return of James Earl Jones as Datrh Vader. The film was promoted largely with a shot of the "ressurection" of the classic Vader. yet all we get is Jones in the last five minutes of the film. He has three lines. He sounds embarrassed delivering them. Haydensen looks like Mini-Vader in the costume. All in all very disappointing. In fairness the final shot of Obi Wan placing Luke in his relatives care was the shot that had a true Star Wars feel.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Holmes
    Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the answer.

S. Holmes
    Quote Quote  
  6. Loved it, and yes that part with Yoda was awesome, whole theater started laughing.
    A lot of action. Going to bring my girlfriends nephew this weekend, I think he'll sit still through the whole movie with all thats going on.

I rated Empire and ROTJ #1 and 2 as my favorites and this could be the best or the 2nd best of the entire series now. Maybe it's just the hype, maybe not.

I was a little scared to go see it because I was afraid of dissapointment, but dissapointed...I was not. Just hope Hayden Christenson quites acting .

If you think it could of been done better, read the book and imagine it yourself. Acting has never been the strong point of any Star Wars Movie. And to those that complained about all the special effects.....Hello, from day 1 Lucas has been stating that's what he's been wanting to do, now it's all a big surprise and people complain .

Ohh well, to each his own.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Before he passed away I remember going to see Sinatra live at Garden State Arts center...I was a life long Sinatra fan...and I knew he was a shell of what he had been...that his performance would at best be a ghost of the great man at his peak...it still thrilled me to see him though...and I ignored the warts on his performance...in fact I didn't HEAR the warts on his performance. Sadly I just couldn't ignore the warts on Revenge of The Sith...

"You're beautiful"

"I'm beautiful because you love me"

sigh...

"Noooooooooo!"

Shatner would be proud.

Holmes
    Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the answer.

S. Holmes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it was MUCH better than I and II. What I did notice was that the editing could have been a little better - it seemed as if though some scenes were cut too soon - weird. The final battle between Anakain and Obi-Wan was excellent although you have to wonder why anyone would jump from a wide, stable platform to a narrow pipe to fight. The scene where you finally see what happened to Anakin/Darth and why he wears the special outfit was incredible. Lucas ends the series with a bang. If you haven't seen it yet, do so - I highly recommend it: as of Wednesday, it's made $350 million worldwide - it should hit $500 million easily by this weekend. They all can't be hardcore SW fans!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Spoiler question:

After Anakin is sliced to bits and yells towards Obi-Wan, we see Obi-Wan turn away and then there is a flash to Anakin. My friend and I discussed this after the movie, does the skin from Anakins face peel away and visually fall to the ground. I know what I saw and even commented on it when it happened, however my friend disagrees and says it was my imagination.

Can anyone confirm this happening or did my horror filled brain just make it up?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ROF
    Spoiler question:

Can anyone confirm this happening or did my horror filled brain just make it up?
    Hmmm, don't remember it specifically like that, but lava is hot.

I love the feeling that Lucas instills into the viewers, that Yoda and Obi Wan are powerful Jedi's. Things you only wondered about after seeing the 1977-1983 origianl movies.
    You know how it's going to end, and you think it can only be bad, but after the fight scenes, it left a smile on my face.

Anyone notice that HAWT Twilek(only know because some else mentioned it) that was walking into the theater...Lucas, you the man.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think there's any actual skin peeling bit but I only watched it twice. I would think the skin was burned away.

Overall I liked the movie a lot better than the first 2 and would put it a bit better than RotJ. Several scenes in the movie ties with the future movies (the original trilogy) like the ship Bail traveled around in.

The scene with Darth Vader screaming after being told Padme died could probably use a lot of work. One way would to have Darth Vader pause a bit to take in the news rather than crying right away like a 5 year old whose lollipop was stolen by a bully.

Another thing that bugged me: of the 4 *ahem* masters who confronted Palaptine, 3 of them went down rather quickly. One would think masters wouldn't go down so quickly and easily like a novice.

PS to those who haven't watched it yet, I say cough up the money and run to your nearest theater and watch it. It'll be woth the ticket to see it on the big screen. Even a big screen TV and legal copy of DVD won't look the same.

PSS about those 20 minutes extended digital version, any idea if it will be on standard DVD or if it would be available only on overpriced extended version?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Loved it. Nuff said

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Too much has already been said about the Sith:

- Wooden acting
    - Unconvincing turning of Anakin to the dark side
    - Embarassing love scenes and dialogs

Overall the movie was OK to good. I would rate it B+ (8.5/10) but only because it completes the story.

Last night I saw the bonus DVD from the original trilogy boxed set. Lot of things are explained. But it is pretty much clear that George Lucas developed the story as he went along - he had a general idea in mind but he could never develop the characters properly. That is where LOTR scores over SW. Anakin turns to dark side because of (misplaced) love and returns to the light side because of (true) love. A better director such as Irvin Kershner would have presented the Anakin's story much convincingly (as he did with TESB).

I think the most die-hard SW fans will agree that George Lucas should have left the direction in more capable hands. Me thinks that George was too much obsessed with technology and effects and ignored the acting bit. Even Samuel Jackson appears wooden.

It could be argued that 'A New Hope' was directed by George himself but that has the magic - but here are the caveats:

- the story was already developed for well over two years
    - the SW phenomenon was brand new and as always the first of the lot is almost always impressive
    - Harisson Ford was the perfect anti-establishment hero; selfish, arrogant, overbearing, smart-ass but entirely loveable
    - Darth Vader with voice of James Earl Jones created a cult figure
    - not the least, the movie "ANH" had stalwarts such as Sir Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing

Back to the Sith. Will I see the movie again? Most likely perhaps. Will I buy the DVD? Well, I purchased the DVD for 'The Phantom Menace', didn't I?
    *** My computer can beat me at chess, but is no match when it comes to kick-boxing. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Better than 1 or 2, but far from a great film. My grade: C+

The film seemed more like an over-produced storyboard for the real thing. Visually it was okay, but the script writing was poor and there was a lot of bad acting. At least the gaps in the storyline have been filled in. I especially liked the love scene between Jar Jar and Padme - very tastefully done. (And it might actually explain why Luke Skywalker is such a dweeb. "Luke, me'sa your real father."

Lucas seemed to be a bit more focused for this film (compared to 1 & 2). If they ever do make Episodes 7, 8, & 9; I hope Lucas turns the reins over to people who are more compenent than he is.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    it was okey. nothing more.

Thanks to MeDiCo_BrUjO for the poll options..I stole them.
    No prob!, glad to be of service!

I liked it, it was a really nice flick!.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TGIF everyone

I haven't seen it yet. Am waiting for the lines to simmer down.., but
    I plan on seeing it next weekend, perhaps. Can't wait.

(But, I'm pretty sick of the Mic D commercials - they are waring out
    the chewakee and Yoda voice/sound, I have to MUTE my tv every time)

-vhelp 3348
    Quote Quote  
  17. Who answered that hated the movie?
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  18. I agree the ending (Birth of Vader in the black suit) seems tacked on. The whole thing was fillmed with 2 camera angles. Looks like something shot in a basement.

I wasn't realy sold untill I kicked but at the end. I sliced that rookie to pieces.

Overall the movie seemed rushed. Like it could have used another hour to flesh out a little slower Anakin's turn to the dark side.

Yeah, those two "Masters" got there buts kicked rather quick.

I'll add this one to my DVD collection quicker than I did with 1 & 2.
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Huh? No Tipo. No it could not be! Tipo is realy Vader?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is late, but I've been very busy, and lost track of
    these topics, and I wanted to make it official before it turns
    out to not matter any more.. hehe.

Anyways.. I voted OMG.. and I can't wait to see it again
    on DVD (or whatever Lucus surprise/throws at us)

I really enjoyed it. But, I wanted to wait to let it settle with
    me before I mentioned that I saw it.

I saw it about two weeks (mabye last week) before it was finally
    taken out of the theaters. So, I'm happy to say that I lived
    another day to experience my Star Wars saga (seeing the last movie
    of the Trilogy.. just as I saw last one, when it was ROTJ)

-vhelp 3530
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Flesh out Anakin's turn to the dark side? We had like 1/2 of Ep. II showing it and then about another 1/2 of Ep. III. If anything I thought it should have happened sooner so that we'd see more Sith action because that was the best part.

The NOOOO Vader scene was the most painful thing to watch out of all the prequels and its a shame because that should have been such a classic shot. That scene was also the backbone of the whole ad campaign too. But other than that I thought the movie was great and the acting seemed pretty good in this one. I particularly thought MacGregor did a fantastic job and I was totally sold on the exchange of emotion between Anakin and Obi Won when Anakin is defeated.

BTW sholmes202 I can't tell whether you were implying that James Earl Jones acted in any of the Star Wars movies or not, but he didn't he only provided the voice. They had some unknown actor in the triology and Hayden wore the costume in Ep. III. They had to build in risers and extra padding to make him big enough...pussy.
    Quote Quote