VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guide here
    pm me if you want it free , it is 357 MB in all Flash.

enjoy, comments welcome
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    kinda like the wiz of oz.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even on a high speed connection, each page will take like 5 minutes to load. Unfortunately I'm not that patient. But only because, judging from the sample image, you've only traded aged B&W (natural sepia look) for a red sepia tint, maybe some eye color (though not great, they have evil black eyes). Nothing has been restored.

If you wanted to merely restore it, drop all color to pure B&W and correct the contrast. Then proceed to clean up the varying noise in the image. I would also suggest against removing the background, leads to artifacts, however slight. Use Photoshop.

Beyond restoring, you should easily be able to colorize that photo in about 3-4 hours, adding a new layer with it's own special blend type for each color ("play around" to find the best look, without appearing too unnatural). It also helps to know the style of the time, such as those clothes are probably "Sunday clothes", and therefore pastel colors (light blue, light yellow, light pink, etc). Judging from looks alone, I'd say this is 1940s-1950s. Use Photoshop.

Any upsizing you do needs to be done in a program optimized for this type of enhancement. Photoshop and freeware won't cut it for that aspect.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow.. nice.. I brought the image where I wanted it, so to me that is restored. But I do understand your point. Thanks for the pointers. Everyone I gave a copy of this to loved it for the fact it was really simple, and yes there are a million ways to improve color. I choose to focus on the hand skills the most. I do appreciate the feedback lordsmurf.
    Yeah the flash is huge still, the compressed video is three times the size. The Flash will start playing sooner though, the compressed video has to be complete in downloading first. So there really no winning way, I may try tampering around with qt. We'll see.
    thanks again, any more comments would be cool, I am learning a new trick or two as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. To get a smaller Video for people to Load,I would use the zoon tool in CAMTASIA STUDIO just to focus on the (tool/Parts) of the picture you are working on.Instead of always having a full screen.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    omg.. I never knew about the zoon tool, I will check it out. Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by madvideos
    I brought the image where I wanted it, so to me that is restored.
    I would be more apt to call this artist effects. Restoring implies bringing quality back to where it should be, or where it should have been had the tech been possible.

What you've done is really more along the lines of altering it to have a certain artistic look, the red tint and black eyes. Not so much a restoration.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    changed, you are right lordsmurf, to restore I must bring the original look back. This Photo is easy to do that to. But nonetheless, I changed the title. Thanks again.

btw.. I can not find the zoon tool? Can you guide me please? tia.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I took the tutorial down due to size and Imma sellin it to the world.. if you want this tutorials post and I will upload and give you the link. free of course.
    Quote Quote