VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had two tv episodes that were in avi. I converted them to DVD format (IFO, BUP, VOB). Each episode is in a separate folder. What I do want to do is burn them onto DVD but make the episodes separate with a menu directing me to start each of them individually. So, in essence, I want to not have them play back to back, but be able to choose which one I will play first, from the menus I create.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this? I have read through the threads and coudlnt find what I was looking for there.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can do that easily in the authoring process. But from what it sounds like (vob/bup), you already authored. Input your shows into the same authoring project and link the menu to each one. What authoring program are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use tmpgenc dvd author and add both folders as dvd video and have a menu to choose which episode to play.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ummm yeah
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by -mm-
    Well.. I am complete noob to authoring and ripping/burning DVD. I just have ripped about a few dozen rented DVDs and burned em using DVD Shrink/Nero.

Wrong thing to mention.
    Read the forum rules.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    Originally Posted by -mm-
    Well.. I am complete noob to authoring and ripping/burning DVD. I just have ripped about a few dozen rented DVDs and burned em using DVD Shrink/Nero.

Wrong thing to mention.
    Read the forum rules.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    huh?? what are you guys talking about?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They are talking about the fact that copying rented DVDs is illegal, and not anything that should be discussed in public, and certainly not here, as stated in the Furum rules and AUP, shown in the form where you wrote it.

/Mats
    (I find it amazing, so many people are able to write, but can't read...)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by -mm-
    ummm yeah
    You edited your posts before it was seen by a mod, so I will let it slide this time. In the future abide by the forum rules or you will get warned/banned

/moderator bugster
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thought I would have a a little fun seeing that my original post was about tv episodes.... and nobody seems to mind about that. But, however when I mention renting DVDs and etc... then I get a whole shitload of controversy.

Anyhow... I suppose I can find a forum that is not so paranoid about the MPAA or other entities. Because in reality, they are not looking for people like me who use it for home use... but more of people who are out there either spreading it like wildfire on the torrent sites, or more specifically... people who are duping and reselling. We all know this is a fact folks... c'mon!!

BTW I am not here to troll so...

Thanks and good day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, this is Baldricks place. He makes the house rules. We're free to either follow them, or go elsewhere. Very simple.
    As for your original Q, you should just convert each AVI to DVD specs mpg (many guider to be found under Convert left), not all the way to authored DVD. Then, when you've converted all AVIs, author the mpgs with TMPGEnc DVD Author or DVDAuthorGUI or DVD-Lab or... as DVD, each mpg one title, then create a simple menu (TDA will do it almost automatically).

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    k thanks
    Quote Quote