VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=547

I know that the Maxell media code can be faked, so I'm wondering if this is the real deal, or is this a fake? I've never seen Maxell media sell like this, I've always seen it with a manufacturing label on the top.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IF it has a silver top and sold OEM as Maxell it's most likely fake. A few of these spindles are kicking around the Pacific mall in Toronto. I've never seem legitimate inkjet printables for Maxell media either. Just fakes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It looks real to me.....I've used those for about a year, and I can see the branded hub. You need to look close at the picture. They usually come in OEM style spindles. I have seen some Maxell retail packaged hub printables in Walmart lately, both DVD+R and DVD-R. I picked up some DVD+R, they're MAXELL002 and burn well.

I've never seen nor heard of any "fake" Maxells since the 2x days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maxell's excellence is now available in white inkjet printable format.
    .......?????....They always were available.

Originally Posted by Robert
    I've never seem legitimate inkjet printables for Maxell media either. Just fakes.
    ......Wrong again. They always were available. Same five pack "MIJ" boxes with "White printable" on front of box.
    Are we getting to the point of looking for bogeymen under the bed with media codes ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SilverBlade
    http://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=547

I know that the Maxell media code can be faked, so I'm wondering if this is the real deal, or is this a fake? I've never seen Maxell media sell like this, I've always seen it with a manufacturing label on the top.
    Maxell has always sold inkjet printable media, it's just not normally available in retail stores. If you need any more convincing:
    http://www.tapeandmedia.com/dvd_r_printable_maxell.asp
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Online, but not in any retail outlets? A little odd don't you think? The ink jet printables I've come accross were available in retail outlets and(Chinatown mostly) HAD the Maxell G02 code. The sample discs I bought were all unplayable 7 weeks later. But, by all means, try you're luck. :P
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For whatever reason, inkjet printable media from the big names (Verbatim, Maxell) isn't widely available retail, in the US at least.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Walmart has inkjet Maxell discs, both MIT and MIJ.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't seen any at any Wal-Marts around here (Atlanta). Besides, I didn't say they weren't available at all, just not widely.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gen-An
    Haven't seen any at any Wal-Marts around here (Atlanta). Besides, I didn't say they weren't available at all, just not widely.
    They just appeared.
    Inkjet media in general isn't widely available in retail stores.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've been buying Maxell printables online for well over a year....at shopperwiz.com and pagecomputers.com. They work excellent. The only printables that would burn the same as their branded versions. When 4x media was the norm, Maxell were the ONLY printables I'd buy (TY didn't make them). Now, TY & MCC have decent printables.

If you've burned Maxell 8x yellow tops and are satisfied with the results. Get the Maxell printables. The quality scans are repeatable between both types. For printables, they have good balance and great print quality.

Don't buy back alley "samples"...buy spindle part numbers according to their web site. Blankmedia.ca is a reputable site. I don't think they're gonna rip you off (they've been around too long for that).
    Quote Quote