VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Help!! Amateur needs help!

I'm trying to convert DVD back to MPEG/AVI to put foreign language subtitles and burn it back to DVD. I'm very amateur and have little ideas.

I currently have Vegas and also installed Womble Video Wizard. I want to keep the original quality without drop in its video quality.

Should I use DVD decrypter to convert to MPEG and bring the files in Womble and do the edit and burn it on DVD??

Doesn't quality drop when I decrypt and do the editing in Womble VIdeo Wizard?? How do I achieve above without drop in the video quality?

If I convert to AVI and edit in Vegas, would video quality drop further?

Honestly, I don't even know what's IFO, VOB, etc..

Please help!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First you do not have to convert DVD back to MPEG/AVI to put foreign language subtitles and burn it back to DVD.
    One of options is to demux DVD (for example with Vobedit) to video and audio streams.
    After that you could reauthor that DVD adding your subtitles.
    As an amateur, you should go to guides section:
    https://www.videohelp.com/guides
    and read about adding subtitles to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your reply.

What is exactly 'demux'? What is its function?

Would recommended process not lose any video quality??

Can you also please give me some detail steps to below?

'One of options is to demux DVD (for example with Vobedit) to video and audio streams.
    After that you could reauthor that DVD adding your subtitles'

What is difference between DVD burner on computer and DVD recorder cost ranging from $300 - $400? Would DVD burner (cheap $80) do a job as well?

I'd appreciate your reply once again.

Thank you much!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Demuxing is a short of demultiplexing.
    For other explanation of terms, please look into Glossary on this page on the left:
    https://www.videohelp.com/glossary

Demuxing would not lose video quality, because it is just a process of extraction of video and audio streams from a video/audio source, in your case that source is VOBs inside your DVD.

Just click on Vobedit and you would see what that tool is and find some guides how to use it.

DVD burner just burns already prepared files on your computer.

DVD recorder can capture and burn video from other sources like TV, cable, satelite...

Most of your questions have already been answered before, so browse a bit through this site and use forum search to find topics of your interest - that is the way how to learn.
    Quote Quote