VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm converting an Xvid with srt file to VCD using TMPGEnc.

XviDs always convert well, for me, using TMPGEnc. I haven't converted many with srt files but all have converted fine having VobSub installed. I haven't installed or touched anything else.

The XviD in question plays fine, with subtitles, in Windows Media Player. I can open the srt file in WordPad and view them.

After I have converted to VCD using TMPGEnc, some of the subtitles have disappeared. Approximately every minute, the subtitles disappear for about 30 seconds.

I have looked through the forum and can't find anyone who has had the same problem so I guess I'm doing something real stupid.

Please reply if you can help out

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I followed the tutorial here

https://www.videohelp.com/srtsubsvirtual.htm

which worked a treat.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the same problem, and the idea is to use Vobsub instead of frameserving from Virtualdub. Anybody knows??? Thanx a lot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not try the VirtualDub way? It has never produced any unexpected results.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Itīs kinda messy compared to the Canopus-vobsub or Winavi-Vobsub way....thatīs why itīs a shame that some lines are lost while compressing, and as i can see, itīs a common problem that perhaps can be solved?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have this same problem. Some subtitles just disappear for some reasons. I have been stucked with this problem for a very long time already.

Virtualdub will be an alternative if this problem has no solution but frameserving with use with tmpgenc takes very long to finish.

If anyone with similar experience who has managed to solve this problem, please share it with us. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nokiamania
    frameserving with use with tmpgenc takes very long to finish.
    Huh? On my system, frameserving or encoding the AVI directly makes absolutely no difference to the processing time.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Originally Posted by Nokiamania
    frameserving with use with tmpgenc takes very long to finish.
    Huh? On my system, frameserving or encoding the AVI directly makes absolutely no difference to the processing time.

/Mats

Here is the approximate processing time for both with frameserving and not.

1. Frameserving an AVI file (1 hour video) and SRT subtitles using virtualdub and convert the .VDR file using Tmpgenc - 3 hours
    2. Converting the AVI file directly using Tmpgenc and vobsub - 1 hour

Maybe you have change some settings in tmpgenc that makes it to process faster when frameserving? If you did, can you share it with us?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually - no. Not changed a single setting... ?!?

/Mats
    Quote Quote