VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I ran an avi (xvid with ac3 audio) yesterday for almost 3 hours (complete movie) and just as it was getting close to completion, I got the dreaded Windows XP error - "this program has to close". Can you tell me what types of situations might cause this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like a memory/resources issue. Any program as intensive as video conversion/authoring etc....really demand all the RAM you can provide. I see you have 512 MB so that IS enough but perhaps you have some memory hogging processes running in the background. Try closing down anything you don't need running. Also you might want to set your program to HIGH priority. You can do that from the Process Tab in Task Manager. Just right click on the program and set your priority from the drop down list.

Holmes
    Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the answer.

S. Holmes
    Quote Quote  
  3. I already tried shutting down everything else and it worked without any errors this time. I did not know about setting the priority for jobs running. Thanks for the tip.

I did, however, get audio that sounded like rat-a-tat-tat ing noises. Any insight into this would be appreceiated. If this is the wrong forum to be posting this, can anyone tell me where I can post to discuss this Cucusoft problem (here or in any other forum online)?
    Quote Quote