VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. a friend of mine purchase recently a JVC GR-D73. help him connecting his camcorder to his pc, but whenever we install the driver an error mssg comes out, windows logo did not passed (something like that). i tried everything but no luck. pls. help!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    tried click Continue anyway ? or is it no such button?
    Quote Quote  
  3. tried that also, clicking "continue anyway", it always comes back. so still my pc doesn't detect the camcorder
    Quote Quote  
  4. i even tried these drivers given by this site http://www.jvc.co.th/service/download_driver_vdo.htm still doesn't help any
    Quote Quote  
  5. Why are you trying to use USB? USB on DV camcorders is usually only for low resolution video and still shots. You should be using firewire (IEEE 1394).
    Quote Quote  
  6. his pc has no firewire card, that's why he wants to use and practice capturing/transferring using USB.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It sounds like the error message you see is simply Windows warning you that the driver you are installing wasn't tested and certified by Microsoft. This is quite common when installing drivers. If you select "Continue anyway" the driver will install.

When you say your computer doesn't see the camcorder, what do you mean? Plug the camera in and turn it on. If you go to the Control Panel and look under "Scanners and Cameras" is the camcorder listed? Or do you mean your capture application doesn't show the camcorder? What application are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  8. i already tried "continue anyway" but it still keeps coming after it installed the driver. still the pc can't detect camcorder coz the driver is not working, (this what i mean "pc doesn't see the camcorder").any application i use doesn't detect any camcorder (its on) plug on my pc, windows movie maker, imager...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your friend will have to get a firewire card, preferrably one with a Texas Instruments chipset, to transfer the video. They are not that expensive. JVC's seem to have a problem when you use other firewire cards with different brands of chipsets in them. Have a look over at www.camcorderinfo.com to see why to use TI chipset cards. In the forum there is a slew of people with problems with firewire cards. USB is used only to transfer the still pictures that it takes. Firewire is the way to go for digital video transfer.

Good luck,
    Ethan
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, that is supposed to happen. I too thought that I was doing something wrong, but there are in fact 4 drivers that need to be installed in order for the camcorder to work properly. One is located under "Imaging Devices", the other is located under "Sound, video, and Game Controllers", and the other two under the "USB controllers". When installing the camera, it's as if you're installing the same driver 4 times, but rest assured, they are 4 different drivers. And you would have known that if you read the instructions =D

Just make sure you hit the "Continue Anyway" 4 times, once for each driver, and you'll get the "Device is installed and ready to Use" confirmation.

....Anyhow, I'm having a problem with this camera. I can't use it as a webcam on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN Messenger. The camera itself is not listed under the "Cameras and Imaging Devices", although it is listed under Device Manager's "Imaging Devices". I am, however, able to at least set it up in Windows Movie Maker, though when I try to start a capture I get the error message "This device is currently being used. Please close all other applications using this device and try again." The only problem is, the camera is NOT being used by any other program. Unless the USB capability is keeping me from using the camera... in any case, I'm PO'd because the manual says the camera can be used as a webcam, but fails to instruct you how to do it properly. I tried restarting the computer (like, 9 times), and removing drivers, reinstalling them step-by-step, just to be safe, and nothing.

Can anyone help?? (-- JVC GR-D73; Windows XP Home Edition, SP2; 1GB Ram, 80GB Hard Disk; NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache; --)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrisRodrigues
    Actually, that is supposed to happen. I too thought that I was doing something wrong, but there are in fact 4 drivers that need to be installed in order for the camcorder to work properly. One is located under "Imaging Devices", the other is located under "Sound, video, and Game Controllers", and the other two under the "USB controllers". When installing the camera, it's as if you're installing the same driver 4 times, but rest assured, they are 4 different drivers. And you would have known that if you read the instructions =D

Just make sure you hit the "Continue Anyway" 4 times, once for each driver, and you'll get the "Device is installed and ready to Use" confirmation.
    Thank you Chris! I only had one more installing to go for the success, without knowing it. All tought I didnt come across any instructions that you mentioned?
    Have to say Im totally happy about the camera, only thing bothering tiny bit is the microfone located inside the camera, capturing the noise from the video, but still exellent buy for 300$,brand new.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote