VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    The Earth's albedo was first measured in the 1920s by astronomers who monitored "Earthshine" on the dark side of the moon and made comparisons to the sunlit side of the moon. But methods to measure albedo have varied greatly, as has confidence in the accuracy of the results.
    Shouldnt that be better termed"dark portion"? The dark side is not visible from earth.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Quote from the background ramblings on the Pink Floyd album of the same name - There is no dark side of the moon really, as a matter of fact it is all dark.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not dark when the sun shines on it.

I'm Captain Obvious!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and the "dark side" of the moon is in fact very well illuminated during a solar eclipse...
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And during the new moon phase.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So what we would deem as "dark" is all relative to position?

What a typically human way of describing something. It can't be seen so it must be "dark".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smearbrick1

What a typically human way of describing something. It can't be seen so it must be "dark".
    no, not exactly. you cant see air (most of the time), but most humans dont say its dark, they say its clear/invisible/etc..

just because you cant see it doesnt mean its "dark",
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lumis
    Originally Posted by smearbrick1

no, not exactly. you cant see air (most of the time), but most humans dont say its dark, they say its clear/invisible/etc..

just because you cant see it doesnt mean its "dark",
    I can't believe I'm even responding to this...

I was not implying the we, as humans, refer to everything we cannot see as being dark. I was simply stating that because we cannot see the "dark" side of the moon (as opposed to the "lit" side) we simply called it "dark" thereby making the assumption that the "dark" side is, in fact, "dark".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you sould have made yourself a little more "clear". you were really generalizing with the "It can't be seen so it must be "dark"." statement.
    Quote Quote