VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Epson R200 started acting up and now it wont print to discs at all. I haven't heard of this particular problem yet. First the print job begins as normal, the printer automatically "kicks" the tray out slightly. However right after that point is where it does something completely different. Instead of trying to pull in the tray, the rollers start spinning in the opposite direction; as if its trying to spit it out. I gently push it in and its definitely trying to push it out.. when it eventually pushes it all the way out all of the lights start to blink rapidly. At that point I can only push up the disc loader up into the normal printing position. Once it goes up the printer instead prints out a sheet of paper with the disc image on it. I've tried turning it on and off, killing the power source for a few minutes, etc. it just continues to eject the tray out. Any ideas?

Update: apparently my Epson drivers that got updated accidentally in a bundle of other printer drivers I installed recently had it set to print using Tray 1 only. (Regular paper)
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like it thinks the 'paper source' is set to the normal paper feed, not the CD tray. You did check this in the print dialog didn't you?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Glad you got it fixed and it was easy.

Mine does the same thing once in a while as far as spitting out the front. The I get a paper error, reload tray and press resume and it works fine and prints the disk great.

Thought I would post that anyway, just in case others been having that happen also.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote